• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carb Spacer

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
6R9Runner said:
A31PKG said:
droptop said:
Inline "helper" pumps can be easily hidden, usually cost around 50-75 bucks, and are a big help with not only "hot-soak" restarts, but firing the ol' girl up after sitting for extended periods. Mount as close to the tank as possible... On the crossmember - where the rear shocks mount - is where I have mine...
A31, did you switch the pump with the key or separately? Is there a brand you would recommend/ avoid? My thoughts are to avoid a high pressure pump, and go with something like a 30 gph.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ATX-E8090/
this pumps says it puts out 9 psi........you dont want to run higher then 7.5 psi......i hope you are installing a fuel pressure regulator too.......too much pressure will blow out your power valve :toetap:

A31PKG

Reaction score
The biggest concern, as far as pressure goes, would be a value so great that it would overcome the float's ability to keep the needle valve shut... Since the fuel in the bowl is not normally "pressurized" (except maybe through thermal expansion of the fuel, even then the fuel would likely vaporize or escape through the bowl vent) I doubt that it would cause any issue with the power enrichment circuit... Of course, a high float level is another matter... if the fuel pressure is so great that the float can't keep the valve shut, then obviously, that's bad... According to the service manual (available on this forum - very cool :thumbsup: ) the average psi range for the bigblock is 6 psi - the book actually says "pounds" but I assume that "psi" is what's inferred... I would guess that for general street performance, and an occasional visit to the track, that anything in that range would be acceptable... This may seem like another thread hijack, but fuel pressure, as well as fuel temp, are two things that can negatively affect the enjoyment of these cars. Especially with todays crappy gas.... A carb insulator and constant fuel delivery to the carb, are two key areas that yield big improvements.

Back