• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle tent/registration info

A31PKG

Reaction score
Thought I'd start a new thread on this if that's OK....

Talked with Ed today. We will have to pay $175 for a club tent. Once 25 cars have pre-registered, the tent and space are FREE. The $175 will be refunded. Next year, we would not have to pay the $175, even if less than 25 cars show up - pretty cool. What has to happen now is registering the name of the club with Carlisle Productions. Then, when we register online, a dropdown menu will be available and the name of the club will be listed for our clicking pleasure. If a member has already registered, they can call CP and state their club affliltaion. If a member has registered with a club by another name (even this one) they need to call CP to change it.

Ed will provide me a link today for Big - or his appointee - to register the name of the club. He will also send me a link for online registration. Again, DO NOT REGISTER until the club name is in their data base, this will avoid any confusion.

NOW, what will the name of the club be?

Also, we'll need to submit the REFUNDABLE $175.

We need to act on this relatively soon if possible........... :thumbsup: :banana:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
thats great......so now we need a count and we can square-up with the money....then i can register then too

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Since I registered before Jan. 1 to get the early discount, I would have to call them to change then affiliation. I think you got the name in the other thread, "'69 Road Runner.net."

A31PKG

Reaction score
I agree that we are who we are: "69RoadRunner.Net".... but I do not want to officially submit the name without authorization from John. Also if 25 cars don't show, then we'll have to pay for the tent, which is still OK since we'll have lots of folks from out of town, but we'll have to figure out how to divvy up the $$. I do not know if the $175 is just a deposit in leiu of 25 registered cars, or if it covers the whole deal should less than 25 show up.... I'll find out.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
A31PKG said:
I agree that we are who we are: "69RoadRunner.Net".... but I do not want to officially submit the name without authorization from John. Also if 25 cars don't show, then we'll have to pay for the tent, which is still OK since we'll have lots of folks from out of town, but we'll have to figure out how to divvy up the $$. I do not know if the $175 is just a deposit in leiu of 25 registered cars, or if it covers the whole deal should less than 25 show up.... I'll find out.

Why don't you send John a pm, he said that he would give a title, and I guess info needed to who ever wanted to make the call to set this up. Let's face it, we won't get 25 of our cars there, but for me anyways, I think it would be worth the cost, and nice to have a place to not only promote the website, but have a place where we can meet, get out of the sun, or rest for a while. Especially if someone is there for 2 or 3 days!

A31PKG

Reaction score
The $175 covers everything. Still no word from Big John. Once I submit the official club name we can order the club tent. We have to have the money to them by June 7th. We'll have to come up with the money somehow. If anyone wants to volunteer to "front" the cash, he can then collect from everyone at the show. Another option would be to have a treasurer. Everyone could send him 20 bucks or so, we could then pay for the tent and anything leftover could go to Jerry's Kids or some worthwhile charity.... Just brainstorming here... we gotta come up with a plan if we want to do this. FYI, From Bob's thread it looks like so far about 15 or 16 members are going. That works out to about 11 bucks a-piece....

As I said in the other thread, I'd prefer not to handle any $$. Any volunteers?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Never got a PM

Roadcuda

Reaction score
A31PKG said:
The $175 covers everything. Still no word from Big John. Once I submit the official club name we can order the club tent. We have to have the money to them by June 7th. We'll have to come up with the money somehow. If anyone wants to volunteer to "front" the cash, he can then collect from everyone at the show. Another option would be to have a treasurer. Everyone could send him 20 bucks or so, we could then pay for the tent and anything leftover could go to Jerry's Kids or some worthwhile charity.... Just brainstorming here... we gotta come up with a plan if we want to do this. FYI, From Bob's thread it looks like so far about 15 or 16 members are going. That works out to about 11 bucks a-piece....

As I said in the other thread, I'd prefer not to handle any $$. Any volunteers?

John had said that he's pretty busy which is why he didn't want to make the call, so it may take him a bit to get back to you. If everyone agrees I'll send in a check. If anyone wants to pitch in now, pm me for an address, or we can settle up at the show. Again if agreeable to everyone, any money that may be left over I'll donate it the local Make a Wish. They just recently helped restore a Mustang for a young man who has cancer. In fact that car will be in one of the Carlisle buildings at their Ford show which I think is next month.

A31PKG

Reaction score
I guess I fat-fingered the keyboard & did not send the PM properly.... I sent another. Steve, thanks for offering to front the payment to Carlisle Productions. That is a very nice gesture on your part! As soon as I get authorization from John, I'll submit the name. At which point I'll give you a heads up so you can send payment to CP. I'll also call Ed again and ask that we have the tent set up in the 69 Road Runner row if possible.

Whew! Love it when a plan comes together!

Thanks again Steve!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
A31PKG said:
I guess I fat-fingered the keyboard & did not send the PM properly.... I sent another. Steve, thanks for offering to front the payment to Carlisle Productions. That is a very nice gesture on your part! As soon as I get authorization from John, I'll submit the name. At which point I'll give you a heads up so you can send payment to CP. I'll also call Ed again and ask that we have the tent set up in the 69 Road Runner row if possible.

Whew! Love it when a plan comes together!

Thanks again Steve!
My pleasure! :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A31PKG said:

"The Men Of La Mancha"

Maybe have a picture of a Road Runner driving past a wind mill on the banner... :basketcase: :basketcase: :basketcase:

:jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
A31PKG said:

"The Men Of La Mancha"

Maybe have a picture of a Road Runner driving past a wind mill on the banner... :basketcase: :basketcase: :basketcase:

:jester:
With the driver wearing a suit of armor! :jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Ok guys here's my idea. I'm thinkin' $15 for everyone's share with the idea that should we collect more money then needed we'll give the balance to a charity. One suggestion I have is the local Make A Wish Foundation. They recently helped build a Mustang for a young man here who has cancer. In fact that car will be featured in one of the buildings at Carlisle's Ford show next month. Let me know what you think or for any other suggestions you may have. I'll mail the check once we get registered with Carlisle, hopefully by the end of next week. We can either settle up at the show, or send me a pm for my address if you want to send a check before then.

Steve

A31PKG

Reaction score
We are now officially registered with Carlisle Productions. This allows us to rent a club tent, and also provides a selection of the club in a drop-down menu when registering your vehicle online. If you have already registered, contact Carlisle Productions and let them know your club affiliation.

One other thing, we will need a banner to hang on the tent. Something with the club logo would be nice, but scrbbling on a piece of paper works too I guess.... I'll leave that to someone else!

Thanks again to Steve for helping out with this.

See y'all in July!
:cheers:

Back