• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CB's 69 Roadrunner

CB's

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My names Corey, I'm 22 years old from a little town in Columbia County New York. I've been working on and off for a few different shops over the years and started taking the car restoration work seriously over last summer. I've been apprenticing and have picked up a couple of project cars that my grandfather and I are fixing up and selling.

Middle of last summer we picked up a 69 Roadrunner, originally a 383 car but it has the 440 in it now.

xxnSTqZ.jpg

The car sat for most of the fall in storage while I was getting ahead on some other projects. Finally got space in the shop and time to work on it. Pulled the motor and repainted it. (photo before paint)

YRcvJj9.jpg

I found a fiberglass liftoff hood on craigslist for a couple hundred bucks and picked that up. It had some bubbles in the fiberglass on the scoop and a few other rough spots. Whenever it was painted it must not have been done in a booth because there was dirt and tons of other stuff all over in the paint, I have to upload some more pictures but I have tons of the car and the stages its been through.

Thats all for now. Hope everyone likes pictures.

AQQ3Is3.jpg

XbBUcI4.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome to the site Corey. are you keeping the runner or selling? beautiful car.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Welcome for CT Corey. It's great to hear that there are some young guys who are showing an interest this era of muscle cars, and Road Runners in particular!

CB's

Reaction score
Unfortunately the Roadrunner shall be driven a couple of times and then put up for sale. As much as I would love to keep this one I'm going to have to let it go, profits from this and a few other cars are all going towards my own building at some point in the future.

Anyway, got the hood straightened up most of the way, still have a little bit of fine shaping on the scoop but it's nice to see stuff mostly one color, primer! The brace that runs vertically up the scoop opening in the front took a rock when the previous owner had it so that took some tricky fiberglass work and fancy shaping afterwords but turned out quite nicely. As you guys can see from the pictures the hood wasnt the straightest one ever made but with a little bit of work it straightened up extremely nicely, should look really good once its all painted.

NJFcm1C.jpg

63OJTX2.jpg

QPwIq5i.jpg

CB's

Reaction score
Well no pictures but I got the hood all finish blocked, gotta do some research on what flat black to use for that and then it'll be all painted. I ordered my hood pins and brackets today.

One fender is all blocked and ready for paint and I primed the other before leaving the shop tonight. That should be done and ready for paint tomorrow. I was shooting to have them completed by this friday so it's nice to be a lil bit ahead on that.

Non Roadrunner car stuff- Heres a pic of this old Willy's I've been restoring for a customer. Spent alot of time over the last week or so on getting this all done, finished the bell housing and got the motor back in earlier today.
2jfAazr.jpg

Back