• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Concourse Restoration

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Even though I pointed something out, I don't like to dog anyone's car, but when you sell something and declare it's a "concourse restoration" the car should live up to it.

excatly. just like when someone ask's "what do you think of these wheels, etc" not everyone is gonna like what you've done, but that doesn't mean we don't appreciate the work that went into it.

mcmopar

Reaction score
V269 said:
I'm not 100% sure but weren't 18 spline tranis used only in the hemi and 6 pack car's and not 383 car's ? Dana in a 383 car as well ?

You are correct, sir. It would have to have been special ordered and the only way to verify that would be by either the build sheet or fender tag.

mcmopar

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
I'm not real clear on what a "concourse restoration," really means. Should the car be restored to a factory built condition? If that's the case then shouldn't it have poly glass tires instead of radials? And the ad isn't clear on the disc brakes. Are they just the front, or did they put them all the way around? I didn't see and under carriage shots. They were available only on the front, correct? Also, were trim rings offered with steel wheels?

Factory discs are front only with Bendix 4 piston fixed calipers, 2 piece rotors ('70 and up used full-floating calipers) & 10"x2.5" rear drums. Got that setup on my bird. They do work VERY well!

MarPar

Reaction score
2 things...wrong battery, and are those cop wheels he's got on there?? :stooges:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
V269 said:
I'm not 100% sure but weren't 18 spline tranis used only in the hemi and 6 pack car's and not 383 car's ? Dana in a 383 car as well ?
I was wondering about that too!!

A31PKG

Reaction score
Is it just me, or do high impact colors just look out of place on pre-70's MOPARS?

Also, it's very interesting that the bidding went to $32,150...very interesting...

:huh:

droptop

Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Even though I pointed something out, I don't like to dog anyone's car, but when you sell something and declare it's a "concourse restoration" the car should live up to it. /quote]

That is the point I was trying to make when I started this post. This guy is trying to sell something that he does not have.
How about the screw clamps on the hoses
the wheel well trim
no rear seat belts
no bird on trunk lid
the jack instructions are misplaced
the grill looks to be black and not dark argent....Ok I'll give him that one and blame it on the camera :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
droptop said:
roadrunnerh said:
Even though I pointed something out, I don't like to dog anyone's car, but when you sell something and declare it's a "concourse restoration" the car should live up to it. /quote]

That is the point I was trying to make when I started this post. This guy is trying to sell something that he does not have.
the wheel well trim
no rear seat belts
no bird on trunk lid
the grill looks to be black and not dark argent....Ok I'll give him that one and blame it on the camera :lmao:
You just messed up going for the longest thread by doing this one item at a time. But we would have to go more that 80 pages :D

glhcarl

Reaction score
droptop said:
roadrunnerh said:

the wheel well trim
no rear seat belts
no bird on trunk lid
Will at least he didn't say it was a "frame off" restoration?

I agree with 'droptop' I don't like putting down other peoples cars, you could make a long list about my car too. But this car was done by a professional shop that is trying to pass it off as something it is not.

mannye

Reaction score
He's missing the decal in front of the radiator support, which should be blacked out. Mine isn't either, but I'm not saying mine is concourse.

Back