Correct Hood Stripe Color

BBillyC

Reaction score
Any recommendations here....I've seen shiny, flat (my original 69 was flat). What was the original paint code? I will be getting the bird out of storage in a month and finishing the paint will be my first project of the several scheduled for this year. Thanks Bill

moparstuart

Reaction score
BBillyC said:
Any recommendations here....I've seen shiny, flat (my original 69 was flat). What was the original paint code? I will be getting the bird out of storage in a month and finishing the paint will be my first project of the several scheduled for this year. Thanks Bill
go shiney and clear coat it , its much easyier to take care of . But dont tell gary :jester:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Billy, Jim has this subject pretty well covered in the thread attached below. Ma MoPar used textured organisol originally. Some of the guys here have their hood stripes painted gloss black, but that's not the way that they came from the factory obviously. It just comes down to your personal preference...and whether or not you want to hear about it if go glossy... :D

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1753

Ray

Jim S.

Reaction score
And this thread also,
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2474

Correct paint code is DDL9355 lacquer. Very hard to apply and get to look right, and if you do succeed, it is still lacquer and does not hold up well. It is also suspected that the DDL9355 that is mixed today is not the same as the old. Maybe that is why so many guys have trouble getting it to look right.

Back