• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crew tee shirt design

metalstorm

Reaction score
I work on a Top Dragster crew[The Lake Erie Monster] and I am trying to put together an individual crew shirt design,This on is mine and the design is off the side of the car.
9c7958eb-e03e-4428-9b28-0d78ac25cc2f_zps84a2a86e.gif

metalstorm

Reaction score
Thanks!each crew person will have there name title on there shirt,Monster trainer,Monster mistress[female],Monster Handler and others.

metalstorm

Reaction score
I made the lettering bigger so you could read it easier on the shirt but I think I will print some on paper and see what it looks like.

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
Thought I'd play some more.

14.jpg

or better yet, add the top fuel dragster designation.

15.jpg

and of course you can play with the colors too.

16.jpg

I moved the lettering around more.

17.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Last edited:

metalstorm

Reaction score
I will be talking to Scott Koffel today I think and will see what he would want for design.Do you work as a designer for someone?

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
I will be talking to Scott Koffel today I think and will see what he would want for design.Do you work as a designer for someone?

No, but I used to sideline as a sign painter and painted a bunch of race vehicles. I'm pretty awkward with the computer. I just like to play with the paint program sometimes.

metalstorm

Reaction score
COOL!I will look into Paint and see if I have it and can work with it.I forget I have programs cuz I don'e use them.
I found my paint program so I will spend some time to see if I can work with it,Thanks!

Last edited:

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
COOL!I will look into Paint and see if I have it and can work with it.I forget I have programs cuz I don'e use them.
I found my paint program so I will spend some time to see if I can work with it,Thanks!

If you Google search for free fonts to download you can find more lettering options to use. I know there are better programs out there to use for photo manipulation but I've never tried them.

http://www.fontspace.com/new/fonts

http://www.1001freefonts.com/

http://www.urbanfonts.com/free-fonts.htm

You usually have to install the new fonts after downloading them. Some sites make it easier than others.

Last edited:

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
- just another tip...

I usually open 2 copies of the paint program at the same time. I put them side by side on the computer screen. Then I import to and modify images on 1 of the paint programs and then copy them to the other. That way the one copy works as sort of a scratch pad. I usually try to figure out the dimensions for the design I want to have first. - And make both copies of paint the same size 'canvas'. It gives me a better feeling for layout. - And then when you copy from the one open paint program to the other, things will be scaled correctly.

Last edited:

metalstorm

Reaction score
Thanks I hope I can get that far,LOL.This design got the thumbs up,They want it simple for now.I will size it,put it on a SD card and order it at Sams club by me at about 10$ each including the shirt + shipping.
9b387dde-fb70-497c-82e3-30e34e89dc64_zps8b699f84.gif

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
Thanks I hope I can get that far,LOL.This design got the thumbs up,They want it simple for now.I will size it,put it on a SD card and order it at Sams club by me at about 10$ each including the shirt + shipping.

That's a heck of a good price. What size of a print will they do for that price? My printer will only do 8&1/2 by 11. I would have liked to have done larger.

FRONT and BACK
1.JPG2.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

Back