• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crew tee shirt design

metalstorm

Reaction score
I have to check into the size but I will let you know.I am looking at 12" by 8" I would think for what I want so you would be close enough.

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
Yeah, I would really like to have a size more like 13 X 17. I bought a T-shirt press a while back and it will only handle the 8 & 1/2 X 11 that my printer makes. It works OK, but the results seem amateurish to me. It'd be nice to have a screen printing setup, but I don't want to invest that much $$ in one. I think I'd be happier if I could at least do larger prints. Let me know what you find out from Wally World. Thanks.

metalstorm

Reaction score
Lol wally World!The size of the print is 9x12 but I do have concerns about the quality so I will keep shopping until I find out more.I know you wash in cold and dry in cold to help it last.I am sure it will spider web in a short period of time.

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
Lol wally World!The size of the print is 9x12 but I do have concerns about the quality so I will keep shopping until I find out more.I know you wash in cold and dry in cold to help it last.I am sure it will spider web in a short period of time.

Even a change from 8 & 1/2 X 11 to 9 X 12 might look better. Yeah, one of the shirts I made started cracking up the very first time it saw the dryer. I may have to hang them to dry.

metalstorm

Reaction score
I see for a silk screen print from digetal media needs to be PDF and other adobe formats.I would have to go to the library to do it.

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
I had priced having some shirts silk screened at a place nearby. They said I'd have to order a minimum of 30 shirts and I think the cost was around $30 each. No way I wanted to spend $900. I never checked anywhere else though. That's when I figured I'd buy a T-shirt press and give it a go.

metalstorm

Reaction score
I think craft stores have the materials to do silk screan like Michael's and Pat Catan's.I can do some air brush and just make stencils for most of it with some free hand.I did my car a looooong time ago just for fun but I still have the stencils.I traced it on a clear film and then cut it out.Like the song:totototo to much time on my hands.lol

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
bighook is offline right now, but I sent him a pm. - Sounds like he's capable, but I wonder what quantities you'd have to order to make it worth his while.

metalstorm

Reaction score
Ya these arts take a bit of work to produce and are worth the$$ but the use I am looking for is going to take some abuse as a crew person.I may do an air brush shirt for something to do being I have more time than $$.

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
Ya these arts take a bit of work to produce and are worth the$$ but the use I am looking for is going to take some abuse as a crew person.I may do an air brush shirt for something to do being I have more time than $$.

I hope you'll post pics of the airbrush work. Good or bad. I haven't messed with an airbrush for a long time. I'd probably really suck at it now. Good luck!

metalstorm

Reaction score
The effort wont cost me anything to try I have everything to do it still.I will post but it will be a while[a few wks]

metalstorm

Reaction score
What happens at the track stays at the track.The crew shirts are my idea and I am paying for them so when they are done there done.

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
That ought to keep you busy. - One thing that I noticed on eBay the other day was that some folks are selling what they refer to as 'stretchable' iron on transfers. I wonder if those would be more durable...

metalstorm

Reaction score
I made the stencil for that 1 a couple yrs ago.There should be reviews about the stretchy pic I would think.

bighook

Reaction score
Hi Metalstorm,

I just sent you a PM before I waddled over to reading this thread. For long term durability, a screenprinted garment is your best option although it is a pricey outlay for small quantity with a full color graphic such as yours. I'm in the screen print business.

A short run alternative would be a direct-to-garment ink jet imprint. There are a few places online that offer it, maybe even a local garment decorator in your town. The main benefit is low quantity with full color capability and full image sizing. Pricing per unit is comparable to what you'd pay for a printed tee in a store. The downside is they don't have any long term durability, mostly with the darker colors (black, royal, red tees, etc.) as opposed to white tees. It's get you by for a season though.

A much cheaper alternative is an ink jet transfer. Again, durability is a factor and you're limited to white tees but if you just want to cover up the guys and the gals, it will work for a fortnight!

Tim

Back