• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

D day- back where the Bird is stored on Thursday!

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I got the wiper pivots out last night, talk about a job. I might change the heater core today as well and that will make for an easier time getting them back in. I forgot I had one on the shelf.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
when I did my wiper piviots, I took the radio and glove box out. not too bad a job then.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
pivots are back in.

The new blower motor isn't clocked right for this application. I almost have that worked out.

New heater core didn't coe with the little gasket that I bet keeps it from rattling.

There should be a set for doing your heater box. Lots of Stuff in there has rotted away to dust. Lots of foam crap, I'm kinda disappointed now seeing it apart at how all that stuff is just disintigrated.

I have no idea how I didn't have a mess with the heater core. It was busted at one time but isn't now somehow. It should have been pouring out based on what I saw. Maybe somebody poured stop leak into the radiator?????

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good tip, Mac!

Are those pictures of heater boxes that you restored? Are you doing this on the side (home business)?

Ray

mac

What ?
Reaction score
i did the one in my car and some friends saw that and asked if i would do theirs. next thing i know i end up doing 3 more. brought a couple to carlisle last year and was successful in selling them so i did 3 more for this year. just me huddled in the basement surrounded with mopar stuff. just finished a heater box for an e body car and then i have a airgrabber to fix for a hemi car.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mac said:
i did the one in my car and some friends saw that and asked if i would do theirs. next thing i know i end up doing 3 more. brought a couple to carlisle last year and was successful in selling them so i did 3 more for this year. just me huddled in the basement surrounded with mopar stuff. just finished a heater box for an e body car and then i have a airgrabber to fix for a hemi car.

Interesting...and the going rate?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Mac. do you have the stamp for the yellow number? had to mask mine and blend the paint so as not to get a line.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Did you do any repairs to the box itself?

mac

What ?
Reaction score
Big John said:
Did you do any repairs to the box itself?

if need be. depends on the damage as to what method i use. if a rivet hole is blown out , i use a mix of resin and the ground up pieces of a sacrificial heater box. if a larger area is missing then it gets resin and cloth and a fancy paint job to match. i have yet had a box to work on where there hasn't been some kind of repair.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I wish I had sent the box to you now. THat took up a bunch of time I could have used chasing the dash light problem.

The light problem really has me stumped. I have power at the dimmer and no place else.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
I wish I had sent the box to you now. THat took up a bunch of time I could have used chasing the dash light problem.

The light problem really has me stumped. I have power at the dimmer and no place else.

all lights or just the head lights?

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Dash lights only.

Power shows up at the dimmer wheel. Doesn't show up at fus panel.

Moparts guys told me that the headlight switch itself might be the culprit.

Back