• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash cover repair or replace??

woodwiz

Reaction score
Drove the car out of the shop yesterday and got home and saw this! Repair or Replace?
Is it a tuff replace?
Thanks!

39F5FC6D-2A01-41CF-AA8C-9154B26BE3E1.jpeg

08065D49-9B92-4F50-9178-6E2BB1F2147D.jpeg

44C292F4-ADAD-4634-BBE5-A29C937A5AC1.jpeg

V.R.D

Reaction score
hard to find not cracked if you find one it can be big money or you can use a cap they sell i did mine with a cap.

droptop

Reaction score
You can have recovered by Just Dashes but get ready to bend over, but you get what you pay for. The repos are not that bad just a little bit short creating a slightly larger gap on the sides where the a pillar covers meet. Repairing with vinyl patch will fill the crack put you will always be able to see it as the grain can never be blended well. That is pretty much your options. If it were me, I would go with the reproduction.

woodwiz

Reaction score
You guys are right about cost! Classic has them for $400…Wow! Is the layover cap for these a hard plastic? And how is it attached?
Looks like I’m adding something else to my list!
Thanks!

V.R.D

Reaction score
You guys are right about cost! Classic has them for $400…Wow! Is the layover cap for these a hard plastic? And how is it attached?
Looks like I’m adding something else to my list!
Thanks!
it is hard plastic and they give you a adhesive and tell how to install. mine came out good.

woodwiz

Reaction score
Is the finish on it have a similar texture to the covered one and is there a cheesy kind of sheen?
Mine would be black which we all know will show any imperfections.
Pics please if you can!
Thanks in advance!!

Back