• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DASH gauges on a '69 RR

vso737

Reaction score
DONE DEAL..................ISSUE RESOLVED.

I removed the ASHTRAY........made a pod out of fiberglass and faced it with vinyl to match the dash. Put two 2" gauges.........one for WATER and the other OIL PRESSURE. Works and looks OK to me.................

LG,
Mike

ykf7b0

Reaction score
What is the BEST and EASIEST way to get to the water temperature gauge in the dashboard?

I really do not want to install after market gauges under the dash.................

Can one get to the gauges by taking off the top dash pad?

I have NOT investigated the situation yet but I need to replace the water temperature gauge.

I'm hoping that I don't have to remove the steering wheel and then the entire front dash. Sure would be nice if I can get to it from underneath the dash or by removing the top dash pad.

Any suggestions would be geatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
LG,
Mike

:crushed::crushed::crushed:

Easiest if you remove front seat. Disconnect speedometer and remove lower pad nuts. Pull the lower pad and switch panel together. Then remove speedometer/gauge cluster. Use a 1/4 drive ratchet with extensions and a wiggle joint.

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
Wow sorry I missed this thread, the cluster is a piece of cake to get out. Remove switch panel, take out screws, lightly pry out panel enough to get to each connector on each switch, disconnect each one, once out unscrew the cluster from the frame, reach under the dash to the back of the cluster and pop off the speedometer cable and if you can reach it the cluster harness connector, then the cluster comes right out. Getting to the actual gauge t that point is simply a matter of bench disassembly of the cluster. Replace with new and reassemble reverse order. I ve done it many times and can have mine out in under 10 minutes.

I am more concerned as to why your temp gauge was not working in the first place? How do you know the gauge is bad vs the sending unit? Do any of the other gauges work? Fuel, amp etc?

20150628_081454.jpg

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
OK...if any of us need our dashes taken apart, send them to Bigman.......:acme::jester:

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
Lol I would be honored to come by and help anyone no worries :) lol

tokosj

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a Rallye Dash that was available for 69 Roadrunners? I see they're available for almost all other B-Body cars in 69... but have yet to find an original car showing one. I have the dash out of my car, and it needs restored and am wondering if i shouldn't just change it over to the Rallye style now, even if it's technically incorrect. I just love the look of round, separate gauges vs rectangular.

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a Rallye Dash that was available for 69 Roadrunners? I see they're available for almost all other B-Body cars in 69... but have yet to find an original car showing one. I have the dash out of my car, and it needs restored and am wondering if i shouldn't just change it over to the Rallye style now, even if it's technically incorrect. I just love the look of round, separate gauges vs rectangular.

Nope only the Dodge version. you can't change to a rally the frame is different for the cluster etc. i know it sux.

quikbird

Reaction score
there is a way to do so. it is a huge amount of work, and requires parts of the housings for the rallye dash. Classic thunder makes a rallye type faceplate for the dash. What they don't tell you is that if you wish to use the normal switches for headlights etc, that a housing from a charger etc is needed. problem is only the parts of the housings that hold the switches are needed. then you have to fab up a sheet behind that to attach the switch housings too.

some pictures but they are not very good
IMG_1905.jpgIMG_1905.jpgIMG_1904.jpg

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1904.jpg

Last edited:
Back