• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash in. Also steering column

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is the one I have it is molded to the three end's. But I like it. Like the bird button in the middle. It is recessed in to the middle like has been stated.

RGAZ

Reaction score
Your work has motivated me more than ever. Question: Your Heater controls look different than my 69. Are they AC based? Also, did you build your glovebox or buy it? I am working on my dash now and need to do the heater controls.
IMG_1180.JPG

RonLiv

Reaction score
Wow, looks really nice. Visual progress is inspirational to get the stuff done you don't see.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Your work has motivated me more than ever. Question: Your Heater controls look different than my 69. Are they AC based? Also, did you build your glovebox or buy it? I am working on my dash now and need to do the heater controls.
View attachment 32487
Yes I have after market air and heat. Classic Air. The glove box liner bought from part's mix. Must mount the glove box hinge on top of the liner. I did not and pushed it up to put the hinge in. But won't be going in it that much. Except may be to change a fuse. The A/C and heat has a fly by wire and no cables. But did not have to cut the glove box liner down like other after market unit's. Your dash is looking good for sure. Glad I could inspire someone else to get thing's done.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Figured to post here that I am home from the beach. I had a runner spotting while their in Bradenton beach on Gulf drive. If any one lives around their or was over that way I saw your car. Don't know how to describe the color. Did not have my camera darn it. But was a nice runner looked to be a 69 and air induction. No grabber. So If you where around give me a shout back. :beep:

Jack R

Reaction score
Russ did you rebuild your steering column? I need to do mine and not sure what I need or should get other than the blinker switch.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Russ did you rebuild your steering column? I need to do mine and not sure what I need or should get other than the blinker switch.
Yes bought upper bearing and lower. Then parts to rebuild the lower joint that connects to the steering box. The biggest thing is getting the bolt's to tighten back that hole the lower collar under the steering wheel. Put mine in the car and the lower collar to the steering box did not want to slide all the way down on to the steering box shaft. Got the idea to go in the car and push on the steering wheel. So took my hands and bumped both sides of the steering wheel a couple of time's. It did not move so had to use a small block of wood and a hammer on the joint to tap it on down. Then put the pin in. Got back in the car and that part had come loose. When turning the steering wheel the turn signal and collar was moving. My worst nightmare. But got it fixed with out removing the hole column. Just had to pull the steering wheel and the turn signal enough to get to those bolt's. Their are some videos on U Tube showing how to rebuild the column. Not that hard of a job. :thumbsup2:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Nice work Russ. You're doing as great job!!
Thanks Fred69Runner. Who would have thought their would be so much work to do to the car upon first buying it. I am chomping at the bit to get into the motor. So I can get it into the car before long. Still a lot of work to do but getting closer with every day.

Jack R

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Russ. I will order the parts today and tackle that next weekend. I did see a couple videos on UTube too last night.
Yes bought upper bearing and lower. Then parts to rebuild the lower joint that connects to the steering box. The biggest thing is getting the bolt's to tighten back that hole the lower collar under the steering wheel. Put mine in the car and the lower collar to the steering box did not want to slide all the way down on to the steering box shaft. Got the idea to go in the car and push on the steering wheel. So took my hands and bumped both sides of the steering wheel a couple of time's. It did not move so had to use a small block of wood and a hammer on the joint to tap it on down. Then put the pin in. Got back in the car and that part had come loose. When turning the steering wheel the turn signal and collar was moving. My worst nightmare. But got it fixed with out removing the hole column. Just had to pull the steering wheel and the turn signal enough to get to those bolt's. Their are some videos on U Tube showing how to rebuild the column. Not that hard of a job. :thumbsup2:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Don't forget to get the rubber O ring that goes between the retainer plate and the fire wall as well as the fire wall gasket. Mark where your big spline is on the shaft and coupling. For steering wheel and the steering box. Will need a snap ring puller for the one under the nut on the steering wheel. IMG_0102 (3).JPG IMG_0103 (2).JPG I did buy a new turn signal arm mine was the pit's. Made it look so much nicer when done. :thumbsup2:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Quick note replace my steering wheel with a the 70's style one. Mine was in really bad shape. It did not look like a runner to me with out this type of steering wheel. Was worried it would not enter change but worked out fine and with the wheels straight forward it is in line so the steering wheel lines up grate in the car like it is suppose to. IMG_0104.JPG

Jack R

Reaction score
My original wheel is like that one except the horn ring is a
full circle. But that wheel is trashed. So I got this restored one off ebay:
RR wheel.JPG

Back