• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dash - remove or not

Big Mo

Reaction score
I have the 68 bird torn down that only the dash and side windows are left on car. In my last Mo magazine there is a article on removing the dash. Just wanted to ask you for your suggestions if this is something I need to do. If it is the article makes it look easy. I read the thread on painting the letters and I will do that. If you have any suggestions or recommendations I really would appreciate it. Thanks.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
If the windshield is out, the dash comes out fairly easy.

Make some stands too. I made some out of old bed frame. Here's a couple pics of them holding my 300 dash and my 53 Windsor dash.

IMG_4013_zps4d2t4i5s.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

AMX GUY

Reaction score
If you need to work on the dash then pull it. I did it on my Super Bee and it's not that tough, I'm going to do it on my Road Runner too.

At the factory they installed the dash as a complete unit , if you watch Gravyard Carz they do it the same way.

Last time I installed all my wiring in the car then plugged everything in as I installed the dash, it wasn't much fun. this time I'm doing it right and the wires will all be hooked up and in place , except for the few that must be plugged in after installation.

Big Mo

Reaction score
The windshield is out. I seen the screws that are under the windshield. Looks pretty simple to remove. Thanks Gig John

Big Mo

Reaction score
I really do not know what I will find back of the dash but I know what has usually happened with this car in the past. Thanks'

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
perfect time to check out your wires, replace the wiper pivot seals,master cylinder.

tallhair

Reaction score
If the windshield is out, the dash comes out fairly easy.

Make some stands too. I made some out of old bed frame. Here's a couple pics of them holding my 300 dash and my 53 Windsor dash.

IMG_4013_zps4d2t4i5s.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

Thank for the tip Big John! That 53 Windsor Dash on the the stand is like a work of art too

Do you have any pics of the 300 dash from the front when it was on the stand?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Thank for the tip Big John! That 53 Windsor Dash on the the stand is like a work of art too

Do you have any pics of the 300 dash from the front when it was on the stand?

IMG_4008_zpskpbjbudq.jpg

And just for laughs, the back of the Windsor dash. I painted that white so you can see it better from underneath.

IMG_0747.jpg

Back