• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dave 69 RR Convertible Intro

drmopar

Reaction score
Nice solid car. Going to have to replace all of the convertible trim around the roof as someone put holes in it for snaps for the convertible boot. Also being a 2 speed wiper car. I can decode fender tag for you. Mopar Made over 1800 road runner verts in 69. I have owned 5. Currently own one also. So does my father.

Reaction score
Mine is a bucket seat car with center console as well. Lots of great stuff in this thread.... Chapdog, you are driving my vision for this car.... If it takes five years to do it... then so be it. I also agree that I am starting in much better shape that what your starting picture looked like. I have managed to do a lot more inspecting of the car and the good (great) news is that the floor pans are solid and there is only minor surface rust on the body. The underside of the car looks a heck of a lot better than one would hope for an unrestored car. Very little rust even under the car.

The tear down will start this coming week. I plan on having the seats reupholstered right out the gate and build a mounting system in my garage for the driver bucket.... will make a nice seat to sit and think/dream/bitch/complain while the project is going.

As for the motor.... I have decided to take the 440 out of the car and put it on a stand to stay as found. I have purchased another 440 and will do a mild street build on it (heads and a cam) to go back in the car. That said, if I do manage to find a build sheet that would support the car being sold new with the 440 that is in it, I will go to painstaking detail to keep it as original as possible, but not a likely scenario at this point.

Had the car sitting in the driveway on stands doing the underside inspect yesterday and was twice asked if it was for sale in just a few hour window.... this is gonna be fun.

moparmonk

Reaction score
When you get the motor out, check over the block and look for casting dates. Anything after 69 later months would definitely tell you that it was not the original motor. I think the casting dates are near parallel to where the starter would bolt on, and on the other side as well. Good Luck.

Back