• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ddex1957 Intro

69383RR

Reaction score
Hodge restoration is a shop near my parents that does frame off restorations. It's probably like the dealer markup that you mention, but he always has a few restorations for sale. Right now, he has a '70 Superbird and a numbers matching '68 383 that's been converted to a hemi four speed.

http://www.hodgerestorations.com/sale.html

Here's a '69 listed on the Charlotte Craigslist for $18K- http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4146880194.html

Looks a bit overpriced, but it's a clean runner that doesn't show a lot of rust except under and around the vinyl top.

Nice shop with cool cars ! craigslist car look good too , thanks for sharing .

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well I helped put the skins on the '68 Charger I had. and from the posts I'm watching on FBBO, it's not that hard. Get quailty skins. I got mine from Year One when I got the car. Have heard nothing but good on AMD(seems the Charger guys have some issues, but none of the other '68-70 B Bodies). Take your time, measure,line up the body lines, remeasure, stitch weld, and there you go. If you can do floors and trunk pans, no reason why you couldn't do the 1/4s.

69383RR

Reaction score
Sweet ! next time I see a project car I'm interested in with bad panels I might not shy away from it. Thanks .

moparmonk

Reaction score
Well there you have it kind sir from Vermont... My post already convinced you that you can hang quarters. By the looks of your hood, there is nothing you can't handle... Now get your butt 2 states over and give me a thumpin to finish my, wait for it.... 20 year project! Keep up the great work and the pictures flowing!

69383RR

Reaction score
Well there you have it kind sir from Vermont... My post already convinced you that you can hang quarters. By the looks of your hood, there is nothing you can't handle... Now get your butt 2 states over and give me a thumpin to finish my, wait for it.... 20 year project! Keep up the great work and the pictures flowing!

LMAO ! 20 years wow . Thanks for the complement . I would have misplaced all the parts not to mention where they go , hell I'm missing parts only after two years lol. Keep at it Mr. its time to get your priorities in order . and post some pictures , even if its just parts covered in dust. :acme:

Last edited:

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
ddex1957 welcome, there are a few sites that people sell these cool cars on I trust many of the people selling, I'm pretty cautious when buying anything, budget will dictate allot of the price whether you want a big project or by something already done... try the for sale section here & maybe www.ForBbodiesOnly.com there's also a A, C & E Bodies Only sites too, that many people who own these cars are members on also, owned by the same guy as this site is & maybe also try over on www.DodgeCharger.com forums they have some cars for sale, from time to time, from trust worthy people... good luck with your search for a RR

chapdog105

Reaction score
There are deals out there, it really just depends on what you're looking for.
My brother found one that needs a lot of work, but it's a driver and he's really enjoying it. He only paid $10,500 for it.
Restoring a 69 RR is expensive! Especially if you want everything perfect. I'm 40k into mine, and will be 50k into by the time it's on the road. But it's perfect...

If I was doing it all over again, I would have sold my 69RR vert for $7-8k, then put that toward a nice $30-35k fully restored car. I would've been into it for way less than I am now, and not had to work on it for 5 years.

Hindsight is 20/20....

Back