• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Denso Alternator on 440 Big Block Mopar

ykf7b0

Reaction score
Is anyone using a Denso alternator on a big block Mopar? If so, please let me know which one you have and what brackets were used. Thanks!!!!

ykf7b0

Reaction score
Thanks george68!!! Just what I needed!!! I love that burnout shot with the 69!!!!

Last edited:

ykf7b0

Reaction score
Are any of you familiar with converting from a 3 wire alternator to a single wire? I have the MP Electronic Ignition conversion and I have the 70's era flat style voltage regulator. Again, I am wired for the 3 wire alternator.

ykf7b0

Reaction score
Looks like I'm better off with a 3 wire setup but the Denso referrenced above is 1 wire. Do any of you have a Denso 3 wire?

ykf7b0

Reaction score
I just received a Denso 210 0138 - 120 amp 3 wire. The mounting ears look very similar to factory and the factory brackets might even work.

Last edited:

ykf7b0

Reaction score
I now have the Denso mounted and the factory brackets work great! The alternator is adjusted all the way out on the slotted adjusting bracket and the belt is tight for now but will probably need a belt a couple inches shorter in the near future. This thing is charging like crazy!!!!!!!! 14.2 at idle with everything powered up and headlights on bright!!! I love it!!!!

ykf7b0

Reaction score
Did you do any wiring mods?

Yes. As for the Denso alternator itself, I had to use ring terminals for the two field connections instead of the spade connectors. The rest of circuit has the MP Electronic ignition conversion with a 1970's era flat style regulator. Additional 8 gauge wiring from alternator to starter relay post and on to battery. 12 gauge fused (40 amp) connections before and after starter relay. Bulkhead connection has been eliminated with 10 gauge wire straight through and ammeter has been bypassed by putting both the in and out wire terminal's on the in post. I now have an aftermarket voltage gauge mounted under the lower dash.

ykf7b0

Reaction score
I have since upgraded the additional wiring from the alternator to the starter relay with 6 gauge wiring and have installed inline maxi fuses before and aft the starter relay stud. I have also correctly bypassed my ammeter as recommended by M.A.D. Elecrical.

Back