• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Desert Valley Kings

V269

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
69hemibeep said:
Its on Discovery Wednesday nights at 8 or 9
now i know why i havent seen it.....welding school wednesday nites......have to get the old lady to record it

Learning how to weld are we George. :lmao: :lol: :jester:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
V269 said:
george68hemirr said:
69hemibeep said:
Its on Discovery Wednesday nights at 8 or 9
now i know why i havent seen it.....welding school wednesday nites......have to get the old lady to record it

Learning how to weld are we George. :lmao: :lol: :jester:
yeah right.....i am teahing the class....hemi gas money :lmao: :lmao:

moparstuart

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
10 GRAND AND A BANDADE AND HE GIVES IT TO HIS OLD LADY.....i guess he"s getting laid tonite :lmao:
cool caddy but if I was spending all that money on it , I would want the correct 1950 motor and want it rebuilt not just rattle canned fresh .

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
they really did a half ass job on it.......i was looking when they bolted on the hood......nothing sprayed under the hood......just rust like everything else.....i wouldve like to have seen what the high bid was.......maybe it wasnt even 10 grand and they decided to change the story

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
Ok, this horse has been beaten, but I have to chime in. I just tried to watch my first ep of this and had to change the channel. The one where they're tearing down the first gen barracuda. Major emphasis is place on the value of the rear glass and then coincidently enough they end up breaking it, :bs: and the reaction " dude what'd you do?". Gee couldn't have seen that coming. :lol: I felt like I was watching Tommy Boy. Too fake my friends, like all reality tv. :yesnod: I think we all would've had someone's head on a stick for that blunder. :chuck: Sorry for the rant, needed to vent.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
Ok, this horse has been beaten, but I have to chime in. I just tried to watch my first ep of this and had to change the channel. The one where they're tearing down the first gen barracuda. Major emphasis is place on the value of the rear glass and then coincidently enough they end up breaking it, :bs: and the reaction " dude what'd you do?". Gee couldn't have seen that coming. :lol: I felt like I was watching Tommy Boy. Too fake my friends, like all reality tv. :yesnod: I think we all would've had someone's head on a stick for that blunder. :chuck: Sorry for the rant, needed to vent.
Not like you weren't warned, it even got through to the safe zone :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
I'd like to know where they got that figure for that back glass. Anytime I've seen discussions on other forums about, what are they worth, or guys trying just to sell one, it's always you'd be lucky to get maybe $100 or $150, and in many cases they can't even give them away!! Fortunately, I have a spare if I should ever need one for either of my early 'Cuda's.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I see they're doin a '68 Charger at 9 tonight. I'll watch that one. I sure hope TV runs outta new relailty shows. they're gettin old.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
:basketcase: Yeah, :lol: Crap the safe zone has been compromised.

That sounds like a useful phrase around here... :basketcase:

I was hoping someone would pick up "Graveyard Carz" but so far that hasn't happened. MoPar-oriented resto show. Probably turn out to be a dud just like the rest of reality tv...

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
sixgunrunner68 said:
I'd like to know where they got that figure for that back glass. Anytime I've seen discussions on other forums about, what are they worth, or guys trying just to sell one, it's always you'd be lucky to get maybe $100 or $150, and in many cases they can't even give them away!! Fortunately, I have a spare if I should ever need one for either of my early 'Cuda's.

I'm sure they throw that figure in there just for effect. If they had said it's only worth a hundred bucks and they're fairly available, it wouldn't be that big of a deal if it broke. :popcorn:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
"you just can't get parts for these cars" :huh: maybe 30 years ago.....then they majiclly find a stash of parts in the trunk of a Chevy?
slap in a greasy junkyard engine in a freshly painted engine bay, and then at the auction say it's rebuilt? at least it has Cragars on it.
and whatever you do...don't tell Ray or Bob...I didn't like that shade of green.....
but at least theyre putting some back on the road.

moparstuart

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
"you just can't get parts for these cars" :huh: maybe 30 years ago.....then they majiclly find a stash of parts in the trunk of a Chevy?
slap in a greasy junkyard engine in a freshly painted engine bay, and then at the auction say it's rebuilt? at least it has Cragars on it.
and whatever you do...don't tell Ray or Bob...I didn't like that shade of green.....
but at least theyre putting some back on the road.
F6 green is my favorite Pre 70 green I love 69 daytona's with F 6 and white gut and wing

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I finally watched my first episode last night. Watched the '68 Charger get "restored". What a bunch of hacks!!!

It was basically everything that you guys have already said it was:
Sh*t story line.
Artificial time constraints to create a phony, pressure-packed environment.
Crappy "acting" - or stage presence - or whatever you call it.

A total waste of time. It was like a four-wheeled version of "American Chopper" with the cast and crew from "Plan Nine From Outer Space"... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Doubtful that I will sit through that again...unless Mrs. ACME is watching some country music award show or one of her nightime soap operas... :lol:

:jester:

Back