• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did anybody do the Nats?

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
I did I hadn't gone since 2003 I think, I had my arm twisted into going but I got to split it fuel and room 3-ways and the room was $70 a night so it was a reasonable get away, the drive was seven hours which was okay. I had a nice time, possibly not as nice as I remember other times, if I did it again it will take the same amount of arm twisting. Looked for familiar cars from here but didn't see any.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I haven't been there since 2008. Looks like I'll be there next year. Our oldest daughter lives in Columbus, and she's getting married that Friday......:D
I've never been to Carlisle, so I can't compare the two. but even on the beastly hot weekends, dodging the golf carts, lousy bathrooms, I always had a great time at The Nats.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I must say Carlisle is the first place I have ever seen some one tell me which J-John to use and expect a tip. Out here the handle on the john says open or in use and people don't seem to have a problem :lol:

droptop

Reaction score
Nope not me. Done with the Nationals until they move it to a venue that can handle the size of that show.:cents:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
My take on Carlisle bathrooms is this.... They are just about spotless. The attendants are making $$ in tips and that's fine. It's one reason why Mrs. Big John will come to Carlisle with me.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I guess in the name of political correctness I should be calling the john a restroom right John :jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
What are you doing Stuie running up your post count by thanking everyone :lmao:

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
I has access to the tower this time, so I had access to the best bathrooms there and a/c whenever I needed to cool off. so I can't complain about that for this year.

RdChicken

Reaction score
I drove my bird to the Nats this year, I put about 750 miles on her for the trip. All around good show and cruising, plus the weather was good minus Thursday and Friday morning. It seemed like some of the big vendors in the midway were missing this year.

moparchris

Reaction score
I wasn't there. But I want to go next year. I dont need a clean bathroom I'll just pee on Stuies leg.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I wasn't there. But I want to go next year. I dont need a clean bathroom I'll just pee on Stuies leg.

I might be game also if Stuie will stand still long enough. Rent a Challenger this time that pony was a dog :jester:

moparchris

Reaction score
I might be game also if Stuie will stand still long enough. Rent a Challenger this time that pony was a dog :jester:
I am sure Stuie will stand still long enough. I've seen light posts move faster. :lol: :acme:

I am in!! Lets go. Oh BTW the Challenger is much worse. Wont even do a proper burnout. Found that out in Hawaii. :(

Last edited:

Jim S.

Reaction score
My take on Carlisle bathrooms is this.... They are just about spotless. The attendants are making $$ in tips and that's fine. It's one reason why Mrs. Big John will come to Carlisle with me.
I know this gentleman that quit he job as a counselor at a state welfare office because on weekends he worked as a bathroom attendant in a high end strip club making 1 to 1.5K every week. Pretty good pay for only three nights a week.

Back