• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you paint the rims the same as the exterior?

nicanor

Reaction score
Sorry more questions:

The rims on the car are 15 inch cop rims. Do I paint the rims the same color as the car (R4)? It does have the chrome center hub cap.

Thanks,
Barry

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
If your after the steelie dog dish cap look yes. But since they are cop rims you could do anything you want. Here is a pic of mine with cop rims and rings painted cast iron, before I got my red lines mounted on my steel wheels.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd say Rebuilder Bob nailed that one. It's your car, paint them the color you want. :thumbsup:

And please stop apologizing for asking questions; that is exactly what this site is for. Well, that and bustin' each other's cajones... :lmao:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I still have those wheels and tires the hemi could really tear those up, they were kind of fun. The bias tires are much stickier. :yesnod:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
A friend has the cop car wheels on his T/A painted dark argent with dog dish caps and trim rings. I really like the combo.

Like Acme says, never apologise for asking questions. We all learn from them.

Jim S.

Reaction score
Not sure if this is "correct" or not but, after I stripped mine, I epoxy primed them and painted the inside half hi-temp black then, the outside half got B5 blue and clear coat to match the car.
Whichever is right, I'm not re-doing them now! Have to wait for the tires to rot first. There was a mopar muscle article on the net about this but, I can't find it. This link is mostly about H wheels.

http://www.musclecarreport.com/muscle-c ... ls.001.php

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
wonder why a magazine would print a story on refinishing garden hose reels... :huh: :acme:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
wonder why a magazine would print a story on refinishing garden hose reels... :huh: :acme:

I'm gonna have to agree with you, Dave. Mainly because I know it puts you on red alert when I do so... :basketcase:

:lol: :acme: :lol:

ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Jim S. said:
Not sure if this is "correct" or not but, after I stripped mine, I epoxy primed them and painted the inside half hi-temp black then, the outside half got B5 blue and clear coat to match the car.
Whichever is right, I'm not re-doing them now! Have to wait for the tires to rot first. There was a mopar muscle article on the net about this but, I can't find it. This link is mostly about H wheels.

http://www.musclecarreport.com/muscle-c ... ls.001.php
Jim that's how I had mine done. Black on the back blue on the front and let it over spray onto the black.

moparchris

Reaction score
:brickwall: I just found some H wheels in the pick your part in Riverside. I have yet to figure out what wheel to go with but I do know I hate the wheels that are on my Bee. So hose reels it is!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
:brickwall: I just found some H wheels in the pick your part in Riverside. I have yet to figure out what wheel to go with but I do know I hate the wheels that are on my Bee. So hose reels it is!

"found" as in "bought" or as in "found but left them there"???

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Quick thread hi-jack:

Chris, there are a pair of restored 070 fan clutches and a NOS Super Bee grill and headlight bezels for sale on the LOH Playground in case you're interested... :popcorn:

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

A31PKG

Reaction score
Wheel lore, as I understand it....

If you read the restoration guide (a book that has its share of errors BTW), I believe it says something like this: If the car came equipped with wheel covers, the rims were painted a satin black, including the spare. If the car came with dog dish hubcaps, they were painted body color along with the spare. If the car came with road wheels, the spare was a standard hose reel, painted satin black. Also, I believe it says in there somewhere that the body color wheel does not apply if the car was painted white. That is, the wheels were painted satin black if dog dishes were ordered and the car was white. This I know is false, as my car is W1 and the BS clearly states W1 wheel color, plus the original owner told me. I have heard of customers ordering special color wheels too...

Hope this clouds the issue... :thumbsup:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
A31PKG said:
Wheel lore, as I understand it....

If you read the restoration guide (a book that has its share of errors BTW), I believe it says something like this: If the car came equipped with wheel covers, the rims were painted a satin black, including the spare. If the car came with dog dish hubcaps, they were painted body color along with the spare. If the car came with road wheels, the spare was a standard hose reel, painted satin black. Also, I believe it says in there somewhere that the body color wheel does not apply if the car was painted white. That is, the wheels were painted satin black if dog dishes were ordered and the car was white. This I know is false, as my car is W1 and the BS clearly states W1 wheel color, plus the original owner told me. I have heard of customers ordering special color wheels too...

Hope this clouds the issue... :thumbsup:
I agree with everything above including your correction to the book. I have publication some where around here that states the same thing but does not bring up the white car issue :thumbsup:

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:

"found" as in "bought" or as in "found but left them there"???

Bought them, only 2 though. I think my front wheels look almost identical except for the H stamping. I am going to have to look closely at them and see what I exactly have.

ACME A12 said:
Quick thread hi-jack:

Chris, there are a pair of restored 070 fan clutches and a NOS Super Bee grill and headlight bezels for sale on the LOH Playground in case you're interested... :popcorn:

Thank you kind sir.

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Quick thread hi-jack:

:eek: $750 for a fan clutch. :crazy:
:eek: $1500 for a NOS grill? :crazy:

Glad mine is near perfect. I can live with my "incorrect" Mopar Performance fan clutch. Wow I can't hang with that crowd. I guess a day two car is all I can afford. :lol:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
ACME A12 said:
Quick thread hi-jack:

Glad mine is near perfect. I can live with my "incorrect" Mopar Performance fan clutch. Wow I can't hang with that crowd. I guess a day two car is all I can afford. :lol:

I would think as a Rich Saudi Oil Baron posing as a mild-mannered Firefighter that you could easily step up to Retired Phone Cop World... :basketcase:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:
[quote="ACME A12":2mlkmk2y]Quick thread hi-jack:

I would think as a Rich Saudi Oil Baron posing as a mild-mannered Firefighter that you could easily step up to Retired Phone Cop World... :basketcase:

:jester:[/quote:2mlkmk2y]
Hey now I got lucky, the car was a bargain :D

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:

I knew you would like that one... :lol:

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
[quote="ACME A12":bzc28t01]I would think as a Rich Saudi Oil Baron posing as a mild-mannered Firefighter that you could easily step up to Retired Phone Cop World... :basketcase:

I knew you would like that one... :lol:

:jester:[/quote:bzc28t01]
I figured coming from the rich and famous interior designer the parts would be expensive. :acme:

Back