• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do your states allow vintage year of manufacture plates ?

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
So Tallahassee is the home of the plate inspectors :lol: You can't just go to a motor vehicle dept office :loco:

Correct. Got to send them in for some state-annointed idiot to look at... :lol:

Why do you think I wrote "Flor-i-duh" in the first place...? We can't be trusted with voting machines; what makes you think we can handle 40 year old license plates...???!!!:D

:jester:
They don't want you to get cut on the metal chads!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Plymouthfan said:
Not allowed in PA. I wish they were, because the antique tags look like crap here... they have a photo of a Model T or something on it, LOL.
CT has something similar, it's like a teens era car. You can just make it out on my sig. pic. That's one reason I changed, and I think the car looks better with the plates of their era on them. A lot of guys up here cover that part of the plate up leaving the reg. number visable.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Plymouthfan said:
Not allowed in PA. I wish they were, because the antique tags look like crap here... they have a photo of a Model T or something on it, LOL.

hmm...don't use the purple plates anymore?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Plymouthfan said:
Nope, they ended years ago. Someone suggested I glue on a photo of my car in place. :lol:
Not a bad idea. Running around on stolen plates wound be tougher.

CWR

Reaction score
Personized plates here or YOM plates are one time $213 then $72 per year vehicle registration or $18 if you register only to drive to shows or exhibits. Insurance is cheaper too

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
CWR said:
Personized plates here or YOM plates are one time $213 then $72 per year vehicle registration or $18 if you register only to drive to shows or exhibits. Insurance is cheaper too

dang! cost me $27 once, and I'm done.

dobie

Reaction score
CWR said:

:eek:

Wow. $25 one time fee, good for 50 years in Ohio.

CWR

Reaction score
See how lucky you guys are to live in US....................but our health care is free!!

mcmopar

Reaction score
No it isn't - you're paying for it one way or another! Gov't never gives away anything for free! :jail:

Back