• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does your Runner have a name?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
My wife brought up the fact that my Runner has no name! The garage out back she stays in is known as the Bird house which is cleaned out and ready for her arrival. How about yours? any names? :huh:

dobie

Reaction score
From time to time, I've given mine a few names, most of which I shouldn't repeat......

:brickwall:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to give that girl a name, Bob. ALL of my cars have names...except the Malibu...because I have never had any plans to keep it and didn't want to in any way personalize or become attached to that car...

As most of you already know, my RR is named Bambi. So named by my loving wife because Bambi is a stripper model A12 and she thought that this was a good name for a stripper... She remains the only stripper that I am allowed to consort with... :D

:jester:
ACME

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I never named my car. I've always refered to it as the "turquoise car" that goes back to when I had two Roadrunners, one green and the one I have now. There was the "green car" and the "turquoise car"

I did have a '70 Sport Fury GT we called "Bob" after a local Mopar engine builder that had done some work on the car way back when it was new.

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
You need to give that girl a name, Bob. ALL of my cars have names...except the Malibu...because I have never had any plans to keep it and didn't want to in any way personalize or become attached to that car...

As most of you already know, my RR is named Bambi. So named by my loving wife because Bambi is a stripper model A12 and she thought that this was a good name for a stripper... She remains the only stripper that I am allowed to consort with... :D

ACME
now thats funny

my 70 is of course " the birdible " my 69 has tried to kill me several times so it's known as christine .

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
dobie said:
From time to time, I've given mine a few names, most of which I shouldn't repeat......

Dobie, if you have followed my updates at all you can imagine the #*&%@!&%&^$^&!@# that have been used. Not so much towards her :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
ACME A12 said:

ACME
now thats funny

my 70 is of course " the birdible " my 69 has tried to kill me several times so it's know as christine .
You just reminded me, how many words have been used when your head found the hood latch :lol: You A12 guy wouldnt get it :D

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Big John said:
I never named my car. I've always refered to it as the "turquoise car" that goes back to when I had two Roadrunners, one green and the one I have now. There was the "green car" and the "turquoise car"

I did have a '70 Sport Fury GT we called "Bob" after a local Mopar engine builder that had done some work on the car way back when it was new.

OH......so you sold the GREEN one and kept the BLUE one........VERY INTERESTING............ :lmao:

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
moparstuart said:
ACME A12 said:

ACME
now thats funny

my 70 is of course " the birdible " my 69 has tried to kill me several times so it's know as christine .
You just reminded me, how many words have been used when your head found the hood latch :lol: You A12 guy wouldnt get it :D

yeah thats the good thing about the superbird nose it stops that , but that 69 latch has my DNA all over it

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
[quote="Big John":aoswl4f0]I never named my car. I've always refered to it as the "turquoise car" that goes back to when I had two Roadrunners, one green and the one I have now. There was the "green car" and the "turquoise car"

OH......so you sold the GREEN one and kept the BLUE one........VERY INTERESTING............ :lmao:[/quote:aoswl4f0]

Well, actually I sold the green one and the blue one (B7 Hemi car) and kept the turquoise one.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
dobie said:

I have a suggestion for a name for your car if you don't have one, Dobie: ZELDA. She was the character that was hopelessly in love with DOBIE Gillis in the TV series of the same name. If you're not familiar with it do quick search on the web. It also starred a young Bob Denver who went on to fame as GILLIGAN... I only know it from syndication when I was a kid - it went off of the air about the time I was born... Anyways I always look for some funny or quirky connection for car names... it's just a thought...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Big John said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":2c1d6ojg][quote="Big John":2c1d6ojg]I never named my car. I've always refered to it as the "turquoise car" that goes back to when I had two Roadrunners, one green and the one I have now. There was the "green car" and the "turquoise car"

OH......so you sold the GREEN one and kept the BLUE one........VERY INTERESTING............ :lmao:[/quote:2c1d6ojg]

Well, actually I sold the green one and the blue one (B7 Hemi car) and keep the turquoise one.[/quote:2c1d6ojg]
Oh to have the A12 and the Hemi as bookends :yesnod:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":38vr1015][quote="Big John":38vr1015]I never named my car. I've always refered to it as the "turquoise car" that goes back to when I had two Roadrunners, one green and the one I have now. There was the "green car" and the "turquoise car"

OH......so you sold the GREEN one and kept the BLUE one........VERY INTERESTING............ :lmao:[/quote:38vr1015]

Well, actually I sold the green one and the blue one (B7 Hemi car) and keep the turquoise one.[/quote:38vr1015]

Like I've said before, Big likes to straddle that fence between blue and green... :lmao:

dobie

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
dobie said:

I have a suggestion for a name for your car if you don't have one, Dobie: ZELDA. She was the character that was hopelessly in love with DOBIE Gillis in the TV series of the same name. If you're not familiar with it do quick search on the web. It also starred a young Bob Denver who went on to fame as GILLIGAN... I only know it from syndication when I was a kid - it went off of the air about the time I was born... Anyways I always look for some funny or quirky connection for car names... it's just a thought...

Very cool idea!!

:cheers:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Good thread idea, Bob...

:thumbsup:
Thanks Ray, cool idea for Dobie. I pretty much feel mine will be female, she is kind of high maintenance :yesnod:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Hadn't really thought of a name yet. Maybe you guys can help. My car was originally yellow and I'll probably go back to that only a bright colored yellow like John's.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
Good thread idea, Bob...

:thumbsup:
Thanks Ray, cool idea for Dobie. I pretty much feel mine will be female, she is kind of high maintenance :yesnod:

Oh, THAT is a given... :lmao:

Boats.
Hurricanes (although they recently went coed on that one...).
Airplanes.
There is a reason why they have women's names...and cars are no different!

You need to find a name that connects you to the car, fits some story about the car, or has some sort of linkage between the name and the car; those are the best car names. For example, Tam's Swinger is named Charlotte...after the girl in the John Anderson song Swingin'. I believe the lyric is "Well her name is Charlotte Johnson and she's really looking good..." There is an obvious connection there and Tam likes country music so it fits. Simple stuff, but it's fun too.

Ray

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Hadn't really thought of a name yet. Maybe you guys can help. My car was originally yellow and I'll probably go back to that only a bright colored yellow like John's.

I can see that I'm going to have to start charging for my services... :lol:

Back