• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door Decal part 2

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks to Gary "Hoosier Bird" for lending me his NOS door decal with the locating tab, I was able to make plastic template for locating the door birds, it has a two locating edges on it that will but up against the emblem and it has a window in it that will be big enough for the repro decals and the decal just needs to be centered in it. in theory the template can be held in place with blue painters tape and then wet the area with a soap/water solution to slide decal around in and slide it so it's centered in the template.Sounds and looks good but hasn't been tested in real life yet. I aim to sell them only to members here for $1 which includes shipping and covers my costs and to limit them to one per member. anyhow here's some photos what do you all think? (my bronze car is a repaint probally from the 70's and that's why it's decal is off location)

_rrdecal001.jpg

_rrdecal002.jpg

mcmopar

Reaction score
If those decals have adhesive backing (mine did) you won't want to wet that door down before applying them.

Jim S.

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
If those decals have adhesive backing (mine did) you won't want to wet that door down before applying them.
The replacement ones I had were not water-slide decals. They were 3M reflective adhesive backed vinyl birds. Maybe the NOS ones were water decals, don't know. Your template looks great though. It's perfect. That little tail on the back of the dust trail should line up with the bottom of the "R" and the front of the trail should be slightly lower. The high spots on the bird wing should be parallel with the Road Runner emblem. Perfect template. Yes Mac, you have created a monster. Everything I have just said means nothing until the Colonel approves it. Labor camps are not fun this time of year..................Jim

Back