• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door mirror.

jww69rrpost

Reaction score
My original Road Runner (purchased November 1968) was the base model post car. The only option on the car was the décor package which included pretty nice pleated seat interior; longitudinal side strips; magnum 500 wheels with redline tires; armrests in the back seat with ashtrays. It had 383 with a four speed trans and absolutely nothing power. It was F8 Ivy Green (no vinyl top or hood strips). The option package was $35. Out the door, including tax, registration and license was $2974. After quite a lot of research on my current Road Runner, I learned it was a Special Order car with a price tag of over $4000 and that was with only a 383!! It came pretty much loaded with the air grabber setup; dual mirrors; power steering and power disk brakes; bucket seats with fold-down center armrests; magnum 500 wheels. It sold as an Ivy Green car with a black longitudinal side strips (no vinyl top or hood strips). The car had a very rough life... was raced extensively; painted four times; went through one accident that resulted in a lot of welded on sheet metal pieces and roughly 15 pounds of Bondo. One of the reasons this project went from an anticipated 6 months to 6 years was to take the car back down to the bare bones and go from there. This Road Runner has virtually been reborn. The car looks almost exactly the same as my original Road Runner, but that is where it ends. Only looks the same!!! Attached is a photo of me next to my original 69 Ivy Green Road Runner... taken approximately mid 1969

My 69 Roadrunner.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
And we wonder why it take so long to raise these car's from the ashes. Like a what you have done. Said my car would not have any filler in it but you have to put some here and their. All metal was my choice of filling where the led joint's where. Good job. :thumbsup2:

ykf7b0

Reaction score
Thanks droptop for the tip on where to get a passenger side door mirror! I got one shipped to me last week and I will be installing this week. After reading through the posts looks like I must pay attention to the vent glass and allow about a 1/4 clearance upon opening the vent glass past the mirror and not take my measurements for the driver side.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I did take the measurement's form my drivers side door and it all worked out fine for me. Are you putting in a the remote control mirror. If that is the case then I could not say. Got my mirror's from Mancini Racing.

ykf7b0

Reaction score
It is manual but matches my driver side remote control mirror. I have it now installed and I did pay close attention to the vent window and the visibility from the driver seat. I didn't measure but I don't think the differences, if any, are noticeable in any way. Thanks Russ!

Back