• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

drag racing tomorrow

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
going drag racing tomorrow with a bunch of guys i grew up with......they are all after the big hemi.....smitty has been running his mouth with his little 74 vega....383 stroker/tunnel ram with 2 - 450 holleys....i want to shut him up....my other buddy wayne has a 64 falcon convert/440 mopar/4 speed and joey has a 67 chevelle/427/5speed.....should be a blast....i hope the car stays together......fixed the gas pedal[now it goes to the floor]changed oil/spark plugs/timed/adjusted the valves and straightened out the rear.....i tooked it for a ride and wow......scary fast......slicks on and front skinnys on...loaded up in the trailer....rock and roll :banana: :banana: :banana:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
:drive: :drive: :drive: and ah........ :redx: :redx: :redx: :D go get'm King George! :worship:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
well my buddy smitty with the vega failed tec inspection......plywood over his fuel cell....which i told him 3 months ago wouldnt pass.....he knows everything.....so he blew the owner of the track and he let him race around 11am.....we lined up in line but when it came time to race he moved up one......no sweat....he turned a 11.80.....all this time running his mouth its a 9.50 ride...the falcon turned a 12.2 and broke in half his driveshaft on top end and joey turn a 11.5

....my best reaction time was .007...60 foot...1.476...660...6.632/103.99mph....1000...8.691....1320...10.441....129.06.....roadrunner weighs 3825 without me......thank you :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:......10mph head wind also which didnt help

i dumped in some c-114.....5 gallons mixed with 93 octane......60 bucks for 5 gallons....ouch

still top dog.....HEMI RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......pics to follow.....got 3 hours sleep.....goodnite :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
All Hail King George :worship: :worship: :worship:

mcmopar

Reaction score
I love it when the guys who run their mouths so much get completely humiliated by a HEMI Mopar! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Way to go George! :thumbsup:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
years ago my buddy pete had a 67 chevelle drag car...454/tunnelram/2-1250 dominators/16to1 compression.....would burn rubber in all 4 gears....well this guy smitty was running his mouth and pete said lets line them up.....pete lost cause he couldnt get traction and smitty went on running his mouth.....they took the up to the track after that.....pete all red in the face said smitty if i dont beat you by 2 seconds in this race you can have my car.....pete blew him away :thumbsup:
yesterday after smitty found out his car was slower than he thought i went up to him and said well smitty that wasnt too bad....i didnt rub it in his face like he would to me.....thats the kind of guy i am

george68hemirr

Reaction score
how many of you guys take your car to the track?.....man....theres nothing like going as fast as you want and driving your car like you stole it....these roadrunners were born to fly :jester:

coyotekiller

Reaction score
I am hoping to take mine to the track in the spring hoping to be in the high 10's :drive:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
coyotekiller said:
I am hoping to take mine to the track in the spring hoping to be in the high 10's :drive:
you should be right there with that new motor and that indy setup.....i may go to island dragway sunday.....mopars at the patch.....have you ever been there before??

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
I've been to Keystone Raceway (now Pittsburgh Raceway Park).
My car is stock except for glass packs, 383 W/ points, auto-w/ me shifting, 3.91 rear and I ran a best 14.27.
14.40's all day. Not near where you guys are running, but I was happy.
My dream is to buy an A-Body to build up.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
My dream is to buy an A-Body to build up.

Smart man. Light weight, great rear overhang, and can be lethal with a SB or a BB. Chris is looking to get rid of the Free Duster...you two should work something out... He needs a trip to the east coast anyway...have him bring the car to Carlisle next year...Bob can co-pilot...they both get to go to Carlisle...you get your A-Body...we can have a celebratory beer bash at my buddy's camper (we're at Fickes' every year right next to gate 3)... Sounds like I have this all sorted out... :lol:

:jester:

coyotekiller

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
coyotekiller said:
you should be right there with that new motor and that indy setup.....i may go to island dragway sunday.....mopars at the patch.....have you ever been there before??

I have been to Island Dragway once with the other motor I ran a 11.66

Back