• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

drag racing tomorrow

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
I've been to Keystone Raceway (now Pittsburgh Raceway Park).
My car is stock except for glass packs, 383 W/ points, auto-w/ me shifting, 3.91 rear and I ran a best 14.27.
14.40's all day. Not near where you guys are running, but I was happy.
My dream is to buy an A-Body to build up.
14.27 is great and its a heavy car too....i just enjoy the freedom of going fast....there was guys there with a -body....405 stroker running 10.5s all day

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
coyotekiller said:
george68hemirr said:
coyotekiller said:
I am hoping to take mine to the track in the spring hoping to be in the high 10's :drive:
you should be right there with that new motor and that indy setup.....i may go to island dragway sunday.....mopars at the patch.....have you ever been there before??

I have been to Island Dragway once with the other motor I ran a 11.66
thats quick 11.66....i was at island years ago....small track in a corn field...and the shut down area was short as i remember....your new motor should fly.....10s yes

coyotekiller

Reaction score
Thats what i'm hoping for I did change the cam in the motor I took out the flat tappet and installed a bigger roller cam. Now I'm just waiting on the custom push rods to come in. Est. horse power should be around the 650-700 range. That should get me into the 10's

moparchris

Reaction score
Good job George. Hemi 'nuff said! I used to drag race regularly, but now I have no time to do it. Plus my "race car" is a shop ornament for the last 10 years or so. I'm in for a trip to Carlisle, but Bob will want me to dig some ditches, so I may have to pass.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
roadrunnerh said:

Smart man. Light weight, great rear overhang, and can be lethal with a SB or a BB. Chris is looking to get rid of the Free Duster...you two should work something out... He needs a trip to the east coast anyway...have him bring the car to Carlisle next year...Bob can co-pilot...they both get to go to Carlisle...you get your A-Body...we can have a celebratory beer bash at my buddy's camper (we're at Fickes' every year right next to gate 3)... Sounds like I have this all sorted out... :lol:

:jester:

you forgot to swing by and pick me up....... :toetap:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
ACME A12 said:
roadrunnerh said:

Smart man. Light weight, great rear overhang, and can be lethal with a SB or a BB. Chris is looking to get rid of the Free Duster...you two should work something out... He needs a trip to the east coast anyway...have him bring the car to Carlisle next year...Bob can co-pilot...they both get to go to Carlisle...you get your A-Body...we can have a celebratory beer bash at my buddy's camper (we're at Fickes' every year right next to gate 3)... Sounds like I have this all sorted out... :lol:

:jester:

still trying to get that ride in a Hemi Dave???? :lol:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Basketcase said:
still trying to get that ride in a Hemi Dave???? :lol:

So you two are planning to put a trailer hitch on the Other Woman, have Chris & Bob tow a Duster all the way from Cali to PA, and stop by OH and pick up Dave on the way??? Anyone mention this to Bombastic Sponge Bob??? :lol:

I've got a feeling Bob will spring for a ticket on Southwest Airlines for Dave to go to the MATS next year to ride around in the Other Woman before any of that happens... :D

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
[
still trying to get that ride in a Hemi Dave???? :lol:[/quote]

you better believe it! I've got a box of Depends just gathering dust.......

Back