• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drive Shaft Measurement

TOMRR

Reaction score
How is the right way to measure my Drive Shaft. I may need to replace mine if I install a new DANA 60

Thanks TOMRR

8_How_To_Measure_Driveshaft_Lengthdriveshaft_with_a_slip_yoke_on_the_front_end_and_u_joint_on_...jpg

quikbird

Reaction score
Car must be on its suspension. Measure from middle of rear u joint to back of transmission. Subtract about An inch to allow for suspension travel

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
My drive shaft shop fixed mine just took it to them. So your getting a Dana good job Tom. What gearing you going with.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
While I don't disagree with Quickie's approach, I'd suggest that you confer with the shop that is actually making the driveshaft. They may want to have a different set of measurements to ensure a correct fit as it will be their name and reputation that is at stake. Such as these guys, who have made several driveshafts for me over the years.

TOMRR

Reaction score
My drive shaft shop fixed mine just took it to them. So your getting a Dana good job Tom. What gearing you going with.
Not sure Russ . I have 3:55 in my 83/4 now. Thinking about jumping up to 3:73

ricks_RR

Reaction score
hi tom if you ever want to sell your 3.55 that is what i am looking for in my runner . i have 3.23 in now

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Say I have the 3.55 in mine and looking to go with the 3.23 gearing next time. Trying to lower my RPM's. But think a gear vendor is in the future. Getting around 10.3 miles to the gallon right now. :kartman:

1968 man

Reaction score
Say I have the 3.55 in mine and looking to go with the 3.23 gearing next time. Trying to lower my RPM's. But think a gear vendor is in the future. Getting around 10.3 miles to the gallon right now. :kartman:
If you want better gas mileage you have to keep your foot out of it Russ. Lol

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I could care less about gas mileage on my toys, it's the fun factor! Russ sell it and get a Geo :rofl:

Back