• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

electric fuel pump questioon

quikbird

Reaction score
I am changing my rr from the mechanical pump to an electric one and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations as to which ones might work the best, quietest, etc.
standard fuel tank and sender, 3/8 steel line/ 496 big block stroker, currently an 850 demon carb. probably going to stay with a carb but might up the size. thanks in advance for any help.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ive always liked the Carter performance RV pump, its internally regulated to work with carburetors :cents:

earlyrides

Reaction score

quikbird

Reaction score
I really like the idea of an internal pump. My problem at this time is I am really on a time crunch to get ready for the nationals. I need a quick changeover primarily using the existing fuel line etc. to get the car running and ready to compete in the dyno challenge and make some passes. I think that pump is a great longterm solution and would like to say thanks for posting that. I did print out the article and put it in the file for down the road when I have more time. Thank you

zupanj

Reaction score
I put in a Carter P74029 front of the tank and I am pretty happy with it. I use it to start my engine and then let the mechanical pump do the rest. There are a couple of threads here that have quite a lot of information on electric pumps.

Back