• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electrical issue:1969 roadrunner

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
not being a smart ass....did you try the switch on the light (this is the map light above the glove box?)

cosgig

Reaction score
The gauges may ground to the housing, which grounds through the pivot bolt at the bottom of the dash at the kick panel. Lots of times when the dash is painted or powder coated, all ground is lost because of the paint. I sanded the inside lip of the tab where the bolt goes through, and used a star washer on the bolt itself. It fixed all my accessories but one, which turned out to be a bad circuit run on the board itself.

vso737

Reaction score
The FUEL gauge saga continues.............
I decided to install an after market gauge. I still plan on getting the stock in dash gauge working as well. Solved the question of whether one can run two gauges off of the one sending unit. YES, you can using a double pole toggle switch. One can then choose which gauge to view by just the flip of a switch. My after market gauge works perfect but the in dash stock gauge is still NOT responding.
The ignition swith checks out. The sending wire is good up to the toggle switch. The stock type voltage limiter I replaced with the solid state limiter is also working. I have NOT tested the solid state limiter in the car. The stock gauge works- when I removed the sending wire at the sender and ground it, the gauge moved up to the full mark. I suspect that the stock gauge is NOT getting juice. The gauge responded to the FULL mark when grounding the wire at the sender so that means the sender wire is GOOD. Have to see if the limiter checks out. I like to keep the solid state limiter so hoping it is working...........
Pictures attached................
LG,
Mike

P1130420.JPG

P1130421.JPG

P1130423.JPG

Last edited:

vso737

Reaction score
Like the Rod sitting by the runner also. COOL!!!!!!!

I've wanted to build a hotrod ever since high school. Finally got it done. My 5 1/2 year project is documented in the above website. My license holder reads, "BUILT NOT BOUGHT"....................
Thanks for the compliment..........built to MY liking..................LOL

quikbird

Reaction score
If possible check the pin on the back of the cluster. They work loose and create connection problems

Back