• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enclosed Trailer

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:
Dude Bambi is sexy. I just want to stuff dollar bills down the hood scoop!

The tie-down straps probably add to the attraction; a little stripper - bondage action... :leave: :lol:

Thanks, Chris. She's not bad - as old, primered factory hotrods go, and just a hell of a lot of fun to drive in this condition. Seems funny to look at a pic with the '71 Rallye wheels on there; I'm so into the Halibrands that are on her now...

:jester:

Primer is my favorite color! :banana:

Before Dave gets a hold of you, I will take one for the team and ask for some pics of it with the Halibrands. That is of course its somewhere else on this fine site. I am too lazy to look through your 4 bajillion posts. :acme:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Primer is my favorite color! :banana:

Before Dave gets a hold of you, I will take one for the team and ask for some pics of it with the Halibrands. That is of course its somewhere else on this fine site. I am too lazy to look through your 4 bajillion posts. :acme:

I only have 4 gazillion posts...c'mon, don't embellish... :D

Halibrand pics...and yep, there on here somewhere...I'm just too lazy also... :lol:

moparchris

Reaction score
Which is more Gazillion or Bazillion? I forget. Anyways I am looking for a flight to Florida right now so we can go cruise that thing! I wouldn't change a thing its perfect! The funny thing is I actually mean that! :leg:

roadrunner69

Reaction score
A minimum I would go is 24ft. 26 ft would be good. Get the 5200 lb axles. I prefer the
torsion not the springs. Also you want a 102 wide. A friend of mine has a sloped front
end on his and he said there was a difference between night and day pulling it. You can
buy 24ft all day for around $4700.00. But they have the 3500 lb spring axles. An empty
basic 24 ft trailer will weigh around 3500 lbs. You put a b body and some tools and stuff
you will over the 7000 lb max easy. The longer the trailer the better is will pull. Another
important factor is, when you get one you want the trailer sitting level loaded. If you have
it high in the front you will have rear tire issues. And same if the front is low you will have
front tire issues. Basically you are putting a lot of weight on 2 tires. I have a 20ft I use
for my sons jr dragster and stuff and it works good. I did haul a 67 Barracuda in it and it
fit OK, but a B body will be real tight.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Well.. I looked at some United trailers today. They had a couple on the lot and they looked pretty good. To get what I want, I'm going to have to order it... and I'm not too surprised at that.

As of right now, I'm thinking 22' will be the compromise for length I want. Not too long, but enough room to get my butt in the front to tie the car down. The front door can be moved forward a bit too, almost to the front corner and that will make it easier to get in and out. I have some "issues" with arthritis in my joints and a little extra breathing room will help. They can add a 4' side door where the drivers door is too. Rollers are to be welded on the rear corners so it doesn't bottom out on my driveway. U-track for hold downs the full length. 5000# axles, radial tires and a winch bracket will finish it up.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Big John said:
Well.. I looked at some United trailers today. They had a couple on the lot and they looked pretty good. To get what I want, I'm going to have to order it... and I'm not too surprised at that.

As of right now, I'm thinking 22' will be the compromise for length I want. Not too long, but enough room to get my butt in the front to tie the car down. The front door can be moved forward a bit too, almost to the front corner and that will make it easier to get in and out. I have some "issues" with arthritis in my joints and a little extra breathing room will help. They can add a 4' side door where the drivers door is too. Rollers are to be welded on the rear corners so it doesn't bottom out on my driveway. U-track for hold downs the full length. 5000# axles, radial tires and a winch bracket will finish it up.
Sounds like a plan, did you order?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Big John said:

No, I gotta digest the idea of spending money for a couple days.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Big John said:
69hemibeep said:
[quote="Big John":qoq19vtk]Well.. I looked at some United trailers today. They had a couple on the lot and they looked pretty good. To get what I want, I'm going to have to order it... and I'm not too surprised at that.

No, I gotta digest the idea of spending money for a couple days.[/quote:qoq19vtk]
Its good to get the buyers remorse over with first :lol: :lol: :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
moparchris said:
[ I am too lazy to look through your 4 bajillion posts. :acme:

and we thought JJ was a post whore........ :pot: :wedgie:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
moparchris said:
ACME A12 said:
Here's my rig. Man, this thing needs to be repainted - the sun has just cooked it. Fender got trashed when I was loading the posts for my garage floor lift onto it and we had a little "mishap"... Tows great though. Safely transported Bambi back from Texas - which was when this photo was taken back in August of '08.

One of these days I'll get an enclosed trailer. For now it's just on my wishlist; too many other things that require financial priority...

Dude Bambi is sexy. I just want to stuff dollar bills down the hood scoop!

kinda fond of primer myself. Love the Halibrands Ray :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:

Thank-you, sir. Had the old gal out today after the VR706 upgrade. Picked up the middle child from work in it. Punched it on one of the 1-2 upshifts on the way home. Damned bench seat didn't maintain its position and we both went flying toward the back seat...Kyle's eyes were as big as saucers... :lol: Screwed me up big-time as I was suddenly being yanked away from the freakin' controls... That f***ing car plays more games with me than other vehicle I've had over the last 3+ decades... :yesnod: :lol: :yesnod: She's got personality, and in spades... :D

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
big.....i know its tough to part with the money but for the money these united trailers are built nicely and at a great price......look at the used trailers out there ...for what they want for them you may as well go for the new......

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

Thank-you, sir. Had the old gal out today after the VR706 upgrade. Picked up the middle child from work in it. Punched it on one of the 1-2 upshifts on the way home. Damned bench seat didn't maintain its position and we both went flying toward the back seat...Kyle's eyes were as big as saucers... :lol: Screwed me up big-time as I was suddenly being yanked away from the freakin' controls... That f***ing car plays more games with me than other vehicle I've had over the last 3+ decades... :yesnod: :lol: :yesnod: She's got personality, and in spades... :D

I had that same thing happen to me in my first '69 while trying to pass a car! With that seat flying back and trying to pass that car made things real interesting! :crazy:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

Bambie needs a spanking :lol:

moparchris

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

Bambie needs a spanking :lol:

Or a few more dollars bills in the hood scoop. :lmao:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

man I'd paid good money to have a camera on the hood and seen your face...reminds me fo the first set of bucket seats I put in. for some reason lost to time, i didn't bolt the insides of the seats down, so anytime I made a sharp turn, one of us was going sideways.......

:lmao: :lmao:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
dang it Big........ :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: (pp) That's NOT funny!!!!!

Back