• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine compartment restoration

mcmopar

Reaction score
That's a great looking car. Welcome to the nest. I dig the Plymouth Division hubcaps, too :thumbsup: I saw one just like it many many years ago up in Ft. Wayne, IN. - white with the hood stripes and poverty caps. It ran good, too. You did great on the engine compartment!

MarPar

Reaction score
Sweet Bird!!! Love Alpine(?) White w/black stripes!!! :banana: :banana:

sam z

Reaction score
Great looking car. Mine is getting the same treatment either this august
or next. Good for you, I'm envious. :drool:

droptop

Reaction score
Welcome from Southern Indiana. Very nice ride. What were the holes in the rad support for? The only thing I could think of would be cold air induction. I guess it is not an N96 car.

A31PKG

Reaction score
Hi Droptop...my dad is from northern Indiana!

Yes, among other things, he attempted to fabricate a cold air induction system involving the use of vent hose that resembled what you might use to vent a dryer. These were in turn attached to a home-made air cleaner...There is actually a company that makes a similar device that I have seen advertised in various magazines...more profesional looking, but the same basic idea. Actually it probably worked better than the factory N96 package...

Anyway, these are the types of things that young men did to their new hotrods back in the day (ok, I'm sure women too!). Given the sensitive nature of the numbers deal, that we in the MOPAR hobby embrace, I was a little nervous about buying a car with this type of modification. After searching for that "special" 'Runner, & based on its originality & pedigree, I fell for car... Once I got it home, I almost thought that the best thing would be to leave the core support alone. I simply did not want to "tamper" with a component that had those all-important numbers stamped on it. Well, I am very lucky to know a talented bodyman, and he said that fixing it could be accomplished without replacing it - the latter of which was my worst fear. The core support has thus never been removed from the car, & all spot welds are factory issue...

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that sounds kinda like what Tom Hoovcer did to his '66 Hemi Coronet.

Back