• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

engine paint

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
what are you trying to say Big....I can't believe what's written in Mopar Collectors Guide? They are know on the 'parts for all their "Truth in Journalism" awards(can't believe I typed the whole thing without laughing....)

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
what are you trying to say Big....I can't believe what's written in Mopar Collectors Guide? They are know on the 'parts for all their "Truth in Journalism" awards(can't believe I typed the whole thing without laughing....)

Considering the source (moparts) I'd say that adds to their credibility rather than detracts from it...maybe they should become an advertiser or sponsor; then suddenly no one will have anything negative to say about them...or if they do they'll earn themselves a little vacation... :cents:

:jester:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
We're off topic, but that's how we roll...

First, if you ever meet any of these so called "automotive journalists" you won't be impressed. I think a lot of them got in the business because they couldn't pass the drug test to get a job running a merry-go-round. There's really only a handful of those guys that are published on a regular basis. Most use pen names and aliases when they write.

Second, IMHO, the story needed some drama to make it interesting... or possibly to cover up something. I don't know.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
We're off topic, but that's how we roll...

First, if you ever meet any of these so called "automotive journalists" you won't be impressed. I think a lot of them got in the business because they couldn't pass the drug test to get a job running a merry-go-round. There's really only a handful of those guys that are published on a regular basis. Most use pen names and aliases when they write.

Second, IMHO, the story needed some drama to make it interesting... or possibly to cover up something. I don't know.

I LIKE how we roll... :thumbsup:

Won't have to twist my arm one bit to buy into the "story needed some drama to make it interesting" scenario...how many "this car was lovingly restored by its fifth owner" stories can they write before anyone and everyone just tunes them out...? If the car wasn't used as a getaway car in a bank heist they're looking for some angle...

Loved the merry-go-round bit :D ...unfortunately true I think.. :eek:

:jester:

69rrvert

Reaction score
I used Dupont Imrom with a good quality self etching primer on mine and have no complaints. I have spilled gasoline on the engine and the paint still brand new but is going on 3 years old. Thanks,
Steven

Back