• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust System

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Sounds high to me but it's been years since I had an exhaust system put on. Sounds really, really high. :loco:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds about double the price that it should be if I had to take a wild-a$$ guess at it...

I had a 2.5" aluminized exhaust system with flowmasters installed on the Swinger back in '01 and it was $300 total...including the mufflers. Same guy quoted my buddy $450 for the same type of system on his E-Body convertible just two summers ago...

Just sounds incredibly high...

If you're going to spend that kind of money just buy the TTIs and do it yourself...

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
HIJACK :lol: I'm looking at Accurate Exaust for a full system. Its about $800 for a full Hemi system from the manifolds back. It has muffers and resonaters all the hardware but no tips, I have those. I'm after an NOS looking system any better ideas?

mcmopar

Reaction score
If you are looking for the crimped look to the pipes (as it is a restoration) I can only think of Year One. Anyone else know of a better way to go? Maybe contact some of the high end resto shops like Muscle Car Restorations or something like that to get their input as well.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
HIJACK :lol: I'm looking at Accurate Exaust for a full system. Its about $800 for a full Hemi system from the manifolds back. It has muffers and resonaters all the hardware but no tips, I have those. I'm after an NOS looking system any better ideas?
I think 3/4 black pipe would look hot on there. I've got a bender if you want me to run it over to you......... :lmao:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
69hemibeep said:
I think 3/4 black pipe would look hot on there. I've got a bender if you want me to run it over to you......... :lmao:

Everyone is always trying to help Bob out... :lmao:

3/4" is too restrictive, Gary. He needs at least 7/8"...

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
From the mufflers back I could use ABS with glue joints, but there is to much heat up towards the engine :huh:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
From the mufflers back I could use ABS with glue joints, but there is to much heat up towards the engine :huh:
What a bone head........you spray them with high temp silicone...........it will be just fine. :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
69hemibeep said:
What a bone head........you spray them with high temp silicone...........it will be just fine. :lmao:
BRILLIANT :thumbsup: :cheers:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
toms69rr said:
Talk to a local muffler shop today and they gave me a price $980.00 complete system
As I sat there in my chair pondering his price, I ask him if that was Stainless Steel.
He said no that was aluminized pipe.
Dose that sound high to you or have I been out of the exhaust realm way to long?
I ask if he smoked crack
I already told the man I had the tips and hangers
For that type of money I will do it myself
for a little more than half I can buy the kit and the mufflers
Plus the man told me he would need my car for two days

Tell that criminal you have no plans to let him joyride in your car- that is the real deal on the two days BS.

He is at least 600 bucks too high. At least.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Hey Bob, are you sweatin? Looks like 114 degrees out your way. Stay hydrated.......... :thumbsup:
Fridays are easy days, I meet a bunch of guys that I use to work with for a nice Mexican lunch. Kind of a phone cop convention. Now I going to go work on my console for the bird :D

mjoyner408

Reaction score
that is crazy... i bet the full tti system in stainless is near that. fawk that mess.

toms69rr

Reaction score
I got exhaust put on today!!!
2 1/2 inch x-pipe and Dynomax super turbos
I had rear tips and hangers
All done for 275.00.
Local guy with his on bending machine.
Love the sound

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
toms69rr said:
I got exhaust put on today!!!