• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust tip hanger on 68-70 RR

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Oh go ahead John spend the money your not going to sell it any way's after you put all that money into it. :lol: Russ. You will be like me and buried in it like Elvis.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
It is better to laugh than cry John. Good luck in your in diver to seek your happy place. Russ.

Johnnyscarnuts

Johnnyscarnuts
Reaction score
Ok guys, I ordered Exhaust Tips and Hangers also shocks, Stabilizer links and sway bar bushing’s.
So i can get rid of those broken air shocks.

k.jpg

yui.jpg

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Well you almost gave your self away in the Pic. of the muffler tip. Looking good. Now get out the Saw and cut away. Nothing like new chrome to make a man's day.

Rich B

Reaction score
Those do bring back memories. Did I use regular muffler clamps to secure- must of? Be great if a SS sleeve type compression clamp could be had to secure those tips?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Before welding pipes together. We had some C clamps come loose. So we would put some sheet metal screws into the connection's where they slipped together. Had one pipe come loose from my muffler and dug into the pavement shoved up into the back seat pan and bent it up some. So that was our answer to C clamps coming loose. Of course the pipes where just regular steel and not stainless. I am going to tack weld mine when putting them on this runner. All the vibration and shaking can loosen clamp's. :beep:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hurry up get those tips on the exhaust I want to see them. I will make the car look a hole lot better. Oh and should do about 10 mph faster than before. :lol:

Johnnyscarnuts

Johnnyscarnuts
Reaction score
Dammit I was hoping it would slide right in but it’s the same exact size 2/1/4 od
Even if I bring it to an exhaust shop they’re going to have to cut it back and make a new pipe because they can’t stretch the pipe while it’s on the car so I’m going to have to sleeve it With 2 1/4 inside diameter

Back