• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Feeling Good!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mac said:
like many here, it didn't happen over night. i have 6 years into mine and i am still doing things new every year. just stay the course and it will happen. :thumbsup:

(hey big john. where is my byline over my avatar? i'm getting jealous :toetap: )
Careful what you ask for! :jester:

John69RR

Reaction score
Confederate, Basketcase pretty well summed it up. Don't get overwhelmed. Most of have been there. I bought mine in April of 1989 but it didn't get on the road until 1991. Then it was only for a short time because I started the restoration process. I was getting anxious to get it back on the road again and made a few hurried mistakes that I later regretted. Just remember, make sure it is mechanically sound before it gets on the road.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
All this talk just reminds me of why I always try to get a car that I can just get in and drive. Or at least get one that might just need a few easy things to do. I would get too anxious waiting to get the work done so I can get in and just drive it. Yea, it means I need a lot more money to start off with, but in the end it's worth it.

Confederate1969

Reaction score
Thanks for all the up talk, fellahs. It's such a weird thing to think about just how long these projects can last. As far as mechanical errors go, I can say it won't be because of rushing along, but rather because I'm no auto mechanic. :crazy: There will be many, many, test runs past the cow pasture and back around the block to work out the problems before I take the RR onto the highway near me. :drive:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Big John said:
mac said:
like many here, it didn't happen over night. i have 6 years into mine and i am still doing things new every year. just stay the course and it will happen. :thumbsup:

(hey big john. where is my byline over my avatar? i'm getting jealous :toetap: )

Hmmm... I'll have to think about one for you.

You know... that is one of the fun things about being admin is doing stuff like that.

I'm still working on it.

Back