• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender Tag Help..

chapdog105

Reaction score
I need help decoding my fender tag. I'm going to a huge Mopar swap meet on Sunday. It's the biggest one in Michigan, and I should have a pretty good chance at scoring some good parts for my vert restoration.
The main thing I'm looking for are original bucket seats for my 69 vert.
I wouldn't know the difference between seats for for a 69 in comparison to other years or models.
Can someone post some pics of their bucket seats to this thread? Possibly ones that match the ones on my fender tag so I know what I'm looking for.

DSCN1171.jpg

DSCN1171.jpg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a shot of a black '69 bucket interior...I don't recall that there is any difference between M6X and H6X but if someone knows differently they can chime in...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Here's a shot of a black '69 bucket interior...I don't recall that there is any difference between M6X and H6X but if someone knows differently they can chime in...
Ray your pic is the medium grade which is correct. I don't think the High end seat was offered in a bird and I don't know what they look like!

spoolinhard

Reaction score
i have a spare set of 6 way adjustable buckets. these were available in road runners werent they?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
spoolinhard said:
i have a spare set of 6 way adjustable buckets. these were available in road runners werent they?
Yes on the driver side for sure.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
Ray your pic is the medium grade which is correct. I don't think the High end seat was offered in a bird and I don't know what they look like!

Just to provide some fodder for discussion, this is excerpted from a thread on the LOH Playground:

Didn't the RM23 Hardtop come with the High grade interior and chrome tips, etc., standard?

Mike, up until the RM23M9A263XXX range of A12 cars your statement is correct for bench seats, all High grade. But the bucket seat RM23 cars up to RM23M9A263XXX are mostly Medium grade buckets, two cars on my list High grade buckets. After RM23M9A263XXX, there are all kinds of Medium grade bench seats in the Hardtops. This may be a good topic to start a new thread of it's own.

The respondent was Dave Watt, the unoffical A12 Numbers Guy. If he says there were H6* coded '69 Road Runners then there were H6* coded '69Road Runners, and he likely has photos of the fender tags to prove it. Based on what I have read previously in similar threads I do not believe that there is any difference in the seat covers - but have no personal experience upon which I can stake a claim.

I always find this part of the hobby fascinating...
:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
[quote="ACME A12":2i0vqt93]Here's a shot of a black '69 bucket interior...I don't recall that there is any difference between M6X and H6X but if someone knows differently they can chime in...

Just to provide some fodder for discussion, this is excerpted from a thread on the LOH Playground:

Didn't the RM23 Hardtop come with the High grade interior and chrome tips, etc., standard?

Mike, up until the RM23M9A263XXX range of A12 cars your statement is correct for bench seats, all High grade. But the bucket seat RM23 cars up to RM23M9A263XXX are mostly Medium grade buckets, two cars on my list High grade buckets. After RM23M9A263XXX, there are all kinds of Medium grade bench seats in the Hardtops. This may be a good topic to start a new thread of it's own.

The respondent was Dave Watt, the unoffical A12 Numbers Guy. If he says there were H6* coded '69 Road Runners then there were H6* coded '69Road Runners, and he likely has photos of the fender tags to prove it. Based on what I have read previously in similar threads I do not believe that there is any difference in the seat covers - but have no personal experience upon which I can stake a claim.

I always find this part of the hobby fascinating...
:jester:[/quote:2i0vqt93]
I wonder if the high grade were the same but had medallions? Just a guess

chapdog105

Reaction score
I misread the email from the guy about those seats.
I thought it was $875 plus shipping per seat, when actually you get both bucket seats complete, as well as the 2 covers for the back seat for $875 plus $125 shipping.
I can swing $1000 for new buckets and a back seat cover.
Can a few of you guys check this ebay link out to ensure these repops are legit?

Thanks,
Chap

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/68-69-Ro ... 500wt_1182

sam z

Reaction score
Crazy...the car was somewhere around 3 grand new, now the seats alone are worth
2 grand. No kidding.

Ray, the I think the decoding and research part of this hobby is fascinating as well.
I guess that's the history teacher in me.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
chapdog105 said:
ICan a few of you guys check this ebay link out to ensure these repops are legit?

Thanks,
Chap
I think his ad says it all; they are similar but not exact. Just depends on what you want - if you want them to look like the originals then these are not for you. If you just want something close and functional then these will do. You have to decide what you want.

moparchris

Reaction score
sam z said:
Crazy...the car was somewhere around 3 grand new, now the seats alone are worth
2 grand. No kidding.

Ray, the I think the decoding and research part of this hobby is fascinating as well.
I guess that's the history teacher in me.

If you add up all the things that go into restoring seats a thousand bucks is about right. I would prefer originals that are restored.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
chapdog105 said:
I misread the email from the guy about those seats.
I thought it was $875 plus shipping per seat, when actually you get both bucket seats complete, as well as the 2 covers for the back seat for $875 plus $125 shipping.
I can swing $1000 for new buckets and a back seat cover.
Can a few of you guys check this ebay link out to ensure these repops are legit?

Thanks,
Chap

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/68-69-Ro ... 500wt_1182
Those have a similar look but the originals have different hinges covers on the outside do to the fact they didn't recline like those.

chapdog105

Reaction score
I really wish I could just find a set of original 69 buckets and have them recovered.
Hopefully I'll find a pair in the next 6 months or so. I do have a set a of buckets that aren't original that I can use til I find a pair.

Back