• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally dropping off the Hemi saturday for engine dyno

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
hemi"s in.....need to finish her up.....hood will not work ....need to order a 5 inch tall 6 pack bolt on fiberglass hood

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
so getting stuff done.....cleaned up 727...changed filter....and started putting her together....tranny/convertor bolted up ..before i bolted up tranny i was looking at the date on my CSR Transmission/Flexplate Super Shield ....bought it new in 2004...well guess what....they need to be re- certified every 5 years.and to buy new they are on 6-8 weeks back ordered....so screw it.....had to ball peen headers.....was hitting on side main bolts.....oil gallery plug need some grinding for clearancing starter.....have to add indy 3/8 inch spacers behind water pump to align pulley"s then align alternator ...would rather mock all this up before i drop it in.....i hate surprises
View attachment 6080

View attachment 6081

View attachment 6082

Boy that is one gorgeous engine. I hate those age limits NHRA places on things. Helmets, belts, etc, etc... - Doesn't matter if they are still new. It drives up the cost and keeps people from wanting to enter the sport. I want everyone to be safe but unless they're dating food I think these standards are ridiculous. It's especially cost prohibitive if you're an occasional weekend warrior.

bobbyb

Reaction score
You bringing your car to Carlisle this year George? That Hemi looks awesome.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Boy that is one gorgeous engine. I hate those age limits NHRA places on things. Helmets, belts, etc, etc... - Doesn't matter if they are still new. It drives up the cost and keeps people from wanting to enter the sport. I want everyone to be safe but unless they're dating food I think these standards are ridiculous. It's especially cost prohibitive if you're an occasional weekend warrior.

i know what your saying.......but safety is always first before anything else

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
roadcuda is coming, and that's farther for him. maybe you guys could convoy!

Back