• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally Valiant time

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Got started this week on the ole 68 Valiant. Removed the only rust in the car the front floor. Next I'm going to move towards the rear starting with sub frame connectors then mini tubs and spring relocation. I hope to have this done before it gets hot out. I may need some coaching when it comes tub time :D

DSCN3982 (Small).JPG

DSCN4436 (Small).JPG

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
I miss my car like that! too bad you werent closer Id give you all the parts i have.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
generaljmwlee said:
I miss my car like that! too bad you werent closer Id give you all the parts i have.
Go ahead and make me sick, what have you got?

A31PKG

Reaction score
Maybe you've posted info on this car in another thread, but I'm lazy....

What're your plans for it Bob? Big block? Color? Pro Street? Full Race?

Inquiring minds want to know............

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
A31PKG said:
Maybe you've posted info on this car in another thread, but I'm lazy....

What're your plans for it Bob? Big block? Color? Pro Street? Full Race?

Inquiring minds want to know............
Cruiser, mild 440 with A/C and unless a 4 or 5 spd falls from the sky it looks like a 727. As of now I picked up a set of limited slip 323s, color I'm leaning towards a bronze maybe two tone?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
dldn't somebody say you had a stralght axle that was golng under that..... :acme:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
only two pictures ???? what up with that picture king ??????????
Why, its only an A-body :yesnod: Ray will get me on that one :jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
:acme: :acme: :jester: Your correct its only a lowly a-body , but its you . Your the picture freak
Only in time of need, a picture is worth a thousand words. :jester:

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
generaljmwlee said:
rear window,dash frame, heater controls washer jug,emblems,and other things that I cant remember. theres always Carlisle!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
generaljmwlee said:
69hemibeep said:
generaljmwlee said:
rear window,dash frame, heater controls washer jug,emblems,and other things that I cant remember. theres always Carlisle!
HMMM Dash frame. Carlisle is a long way for a poor dry land dirt farmer in AZ :jester: Besides I might have a kid up there, a genius at that :lol:

moparchris

Reaction score
Hey, I haven't forgot about you. I will call in the next few days. Im back on shift and have had less than 10 hours sleep in the last week. :crazy: By the way, need a 727 for it? I can deliver it next time I come out, gratis.

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Bob, I look forward to following the progress. What's the plan for mounting the motor? Schumaker kit, or do you have a big block K Frame?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Hey, I haven't forgot about you. I will call in the next few days. Im back on shift and have had less than 10 hours sleep in the last week. :crazy: By the way, need a 727 for it? I can deliver it next time I come out, gratis.
I have a 727 that I acquired with the 440 but thanks I guess you didn't get a tour of my jeep garage and all my goodies like Ray did, that's what happens when you ride a camel with a bad transmission from SoCal and get in late :acme: :jester: I would imagine that's been rectified by now :popcorn:

moparchris

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
moparchris said:
I have a 727 that I acquired with the 440 but thanks I guess you didn't get a tour of my jeep garage and all my goodies like Ray did, that's what happens when you ride a camel with a bad transmission from SoCal and get in late :acme: :jester: I would imagine that's been rectified by now :popcorn:
Yep, ended up being necessary. The clutch was down to the rivets the flywheel was cracked. The trans was more beat up than I thought once I drove it with the replacement trans, what a difference. I was hoping to pawn off that BB 727. Darn. :brickwall:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Well I got my floor patches primed, the heads gasket matched and cleaned the ports up a bit so I can take them in for valve work, and got a good start to my sub frame connectors. Pics to follow :D

Back