• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finished

cj69RR

Reaction score
Looks good. Good to hear you got some miles on her. I also had mine out yesterday and logged some miles and got a buddy some smiles to go for a ride.

A31PKG

Reaction score
Well I'm one of the decal nazi's from the old site. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, the restoration guide by Paul Herd is incorrect as far as the door decal placement. A lot of guys have fallen prey to the door decal because of that book. My decal was wrong also when I bought my car. I carefully used heat from a heat gun and rubbed it off with my thumb. I didn't hurt the clear coat luckily. View attachment 4472

Jim S. is correct. After observing & photographing many survivors, I have never seen a decal applied contrary to what is depicted in his picture. It's possible (actually likely) that some were installed differently. For the most part, however, Jim's pic is the way to go. If you are going for "correct" then you may want to research for yourself and possibly change it, otherwise it's just fine like it is. There are lots of different kinds of folks on this site and we all have different opinions. Just trying to offer a little help...not be critical.
:thumbsup:

Roof man

I'm putting on a sticker that going to say these s
Reaction score
Thanks cj69rr hoping the snow holds off until christmas so I can keep on rolling.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
The Paul Herd book has a lot of incorrect photos and information. The door decal is a good example of that.

Too bad, it could be a great resource if the time was taken to do the book right.

Roof man

Reaction score
Here is a picture of my incorrect 1969 Plymouth roadrunner with an incorrect plum crazy purple paint ,incorrect 440 and improperly placed decals. What was I thinking?

image.jpg

image.jpg

droptop

Reaction score
Roof man....I think your car looks great. The important thing is YOU think it looks great. Now where's that vinyl top? LOL.

Roof man

Reaction score
It's coming. I know, your right and I agree. Just had to say it.

Big John

Reaction score
Not trying to put down your car at all... Looks really nice and I like the color. My 300 isn't exactly "correct" either. The Paul Herd book is a bit of frustration for some of us.

BTW, since you are in Plymouth, Mass, do you know Jeff with the infamous dukes of hazard Charger? His summer place is in Plymouth.

Big John

Reaction score
Jeff's a pretty good guy. He used to come on here once in a while.

Say hi for me if you meet him.

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
Here is a picture of my incorrect 1969 Plymouth roadrunner with an incorrect plum crazy purple paint ,incorrect 440 and improperly placed decals. What was I thinking?

I like it, Congrats, it looks awesome, great job... color & everything looks just fine... now have fun & drive her like you stole her

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I dunno...but it's a damned shame that color wasn't available in '69. Looks rock solid on that car. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Fantastic job there, I say you did a better job with yours than I did with mine. My running bird sticker is in the right place, however, the stick on emblems are off a little.

100_0291.jpg

Roof man

Reaction score
Stickers stickers and more stickers. I'm putting on a sticker that going to say these stickers are incorrect. :)

Back