• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First drive of the spring (a little late)

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Well fellas, I took my Road Runner out this morning for the first time this year. I start her up in the garage and let her run for around 30 minutes once a month during the winter, but today, we hit the street!

I was planning on going out for a cruise last night, but I had a couple drinks after work so that wasn't gonna happen.

Early Saturday morning drives are nice, not many cars on the road, and if ya wanna blow it out, you can. :drive:

Anyways, thought I would share. She ran GREAT. God I love this car. Quite a contrast to my daily drivers ('06 Ford Fusion, and '98 neon). We've been together 17 years already and I could NEVER get tired of this car. :beep:

moparchris

Reaction score
Excellent, feels good dont it. I just took mine to the donut shop :lock: It actually made it there and back and didn't have any running problems. :drive:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I took a 180 mile round trip to a car show today and the car ran mostly great. I actually got 12 mpg, which is the best I've ever got from this car. The only problem is it still likes to heat up too much when sitting in traffic takes too long and then it likes to stall if I can't keep the rpms up. Other then that it was a very enjoyable trip.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
I took a 180 mile round trip to a car show today and the car ran mostly great. I actually got 12 mpg, which is the best I've ever got from this car. The only problem is it still likes to heat up too much when sitting in traffic takes too long and then it likes to stall if I can't keep the rpms up. Other then that it was a very enjoyable trip.
well at 88 degrees mine ran up to 210/200 on my way home....it was like too hot too fast for may 1st
i think the real reason we love our old roadrunners is its a chick magnet....all the girls were dropping there panties when i drove by them.....im getting too old for this shit :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

BBillyC

Reaction score
I figure I have about 30 hours of work left to get the bird on the road. given nights and weekends that makes it about 2 weeks.

69B5

Reaction score
Hey guys
My car used to heat up too. Same thing, couldn't do parades or traffic.
I installed a fan shroud this winter and so far it seems to be the answer.
I'll know more once summer really hits
I drove her to Carlisle last year, about 5 1/2 hrs, no problems. Had a ball.
Planning on being there again this year, but may have my other Mopar.
Have a great day
69B5

Jim S.

Reaction score
well at 88 degrees mine ran up to 210/200 on my way home....it was like too hot too fast for may 1st
i think the real reason we love our old roadrunners is its a chick magnet....all the girls were dropping there panties when i drove by them.....im getting too old for this shit :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:[/quote]
Sounds like the girls were getting "too hot too fast". You know you love it George, that's what keeps us old guys wrench'in.... :yesnod:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Jim S. said:
i think the real reason we love our old roadrunners is its a chick magnet....all the girls were dropping there panties when i drove by them.....im getting too old for this shit :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Sounds like the girls were getting "too hot too fast". You know you love it George, that's what keeps us old guys wrench'in.... :yesnod:[/quote]
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69B5 said:
Planning on being there again this year, but may have my other Mopar.
69B5

Probably missed the post elsewhere so please forgive me if this is a repeat; what's the other MoPar? Inquiring minds want to know... :D

:jester:

69B5

Reaction score
I like inquiring minds.
But I'm going to hold the suspence a little bit longer.
She's in the final stages of full restro.
With any luck, Carlisle will be her maiden voyage.
Actually, she's already in Carlisle getting the finishing touches
If finished, I'll drive her to the show, if not, it'll be my 69 having the honor.
Be patient, I think you'll enjoy seeing her.
69B5

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Aw, C'mon...how about a few tiny clues and then you can see how good we all are at guessing...?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
you are being foolish... ve have vays of making you post pics........

69B5

Reaction score
Ok, Ok!!!!
You guys are too tough for me!LOL
(I like the Gostopo, you know what I mean, thing)
Here's some clues:
Dodge
236 made for US
With options and color, it's one of twenty seven
Don't forget to answer with a question. Alex is watching.
Good luck
69B5

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well, you made it too easy. It a 1970 Daytona, F8,Post car, 426 Hemi Six Pak. :D

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Well fellas, I took my Road Runner out this morning for the first time this year. I start her up in the garage and let her run for around 30 minutes once a month during the winter, but today, we hit the street!

Hey do yoy ever make it down to Jerry's Curb Service in Bridgewater? Maybe we can meet up sometime.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
well, you made it too easy. It a 1970 Daytona, F8,Post car, 426 Hemi Six Pak. :D

You're way off; all of the Hemi-Six Pack F8 Post '70 Daytonas were exported to Alaska... :lmao:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69B5 said:
Ok, Ok!!!!
You guys are too tough for me!LOL
(I like the Gostopo, you know what I mean, thing)
Here's some clues:
Dodge
236 made for US
With options and color, it's one of twenty seven
Don't forget to answer with a question. Alex is watching.
Good luck
69B5

236 made for US consumption rules out any of the '66-'71 Hemi cars and any of the '69-'71 Six Pack cars...correct so far?

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
roadrunnerh said:

Hey do yoy ever make it down to Jerry's Curb Service in Bridgewater? Maybe we can meet up sometime.

Never been there, But I have been to Bridgewater. I recall being at a good restaurant there back in around 1999. Lots of birds around the restaurant. May have been a place where you can throw your peanut shells on the floor? Country type joint?
I do want to meet up soon, I'd like to see your car and shoot the breeze.

Back