• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free Duster

moparchris

Reaction score
Thanks Roadcuda, lately its been a full time job trying to get the cars caught up. By the way 18 degrees? Wow. I bet its tough to get motivated to work out in the garage.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
moparchris said:
Thanks Roadcuda, lately its been a full time job trying to get the cars caught up. By the way 18 degrees? Wow. I bet its tough to get motivated to work out in the garage.
That is done untill spring Chris. The garage is not attached to the house and there is no insullation, so I won't be doing much out there unless we get an unusually warm day. The exception will be when I get the carb for the Cuda back from Harms, the same guy that did Hemibeeps carbs. I don't want to wait untill spring to see how that will work. And, as I write this I'm waiting for the snow to start, and they are predicting anywhere from 10" to maybe 20" of snow, and even maybe blizzard conditions. On Joy! :brickwall:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Look'n good Chris :thumbsup:
it was coming down pretty good this morning when I left for work. we got the 6" they were calling for. Now we should have a nice white Christmas Amber's been wanting. :snowball:

moparchris

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
Look'n good Chris :thumbsup:
it was coming down pretty good this morning when I left for work. we got the 6" they were calling for. Now we should have a nice white Christmas Amber's been wanting. :snowball:

Thats cool, we usually have warm conditions here for the hollidays. I think it would be nice to have some snow for Christmas, until I realize that its really cold and wet. Today was unusually warm so I took the Chevelle out to the shop to work on the Dart. Thanks for the kind words and i hope all you guys have a great Christmas.

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
I should have joined sooner I had a A-body shifterwith my conversion and had to buy a B-body shifter we could have traded shifters.

moparchris

Reaction score
I have an update on the progress of the free Duster. I know its been a long time but perfection takes time. So far I have parked it in my driveway and it broke the left torsion bar. I know it seems like a lot of work but I just wanted to say that if it hadnt been thoroughly abused in the past this progress would not be possible.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
oh well, sometimes progress has to take a backwards step before it can move forward. I hope the breakage wasn't due to frame rottage?

moparchris

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
oh well, sometimes progress has to take a backwards step before it can move forward. I hope the breakage wasn't due to frame rottage?
No its actually rust free now. I heard a loud bang the other night while I was asleep. I got up to check it out, but I figured it was my imagination and went back to bed. When I got up in the morning to go to work it was slumped over. The bar broke about 2 inches behind the control arm.

Back