• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front Bumper Guards

RdChicken

Reaction score
This last weekend I went to a MoPar show in Milford, MI. I ran into a guy that worked for the Walter P Chrysler Museum and he wanted to buy the front bumper off of my car. My road runner has the holes in it for the bumper guards, from what he told me they were rare. After talking to him I went around checked out all of the 69 road runners, there was about 10-12 there. After walking around none of them had bumper guards or the holes for them. I was told the code for the bumper guards was on your build sheet and not on your fender tag. Unfortunately I don't have my build sheet, so I guess I wondering if this meant that my car is supposed to have bumper guards or not? I'm just looking for some information on the subject because I don't really know. It has been fun learning some thing new that I didn't know and might make my car a little more unique.

A12

Reaction score
If it's the original bumper and it has the holes then they are for the "bumperettes"......my A12 has the front bumperettes and I still have them in a box......how much did this guy offer you for them :think: :D....(wouldn't sell them anyway...but just curious, another odd thing on my A12 :facepalm: )

MikeR

RdChicken

Reaction score
The guy was offering about $250 and is not a show quality bumper. The chrome is peeling off but it is straight and it's the original bumper. He said that his bird is suppose to have the bumper guards. He has to pay some to modify a bumper to get the hole for the guards thus the reason for trying to buy mine.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
M81= front bumper guards M83= rear and M85= front and rear. But yes you need a broadcast sheet. If it were me I would have him buy you a new AMD bumper it trade. :yesnod:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
M81= front bumper guards M83= rear and M85= front and rear. But yes you need a broadcast sheet. If it were me I would have him buy you a new AMD bumper it trade. :yesnod:
that sounds like the deal :D

Jim S.

Reaction score
I have them on the front but, my broadcast sheet says I'm not suppose to.
Send the guy up here. I figure two grand and a case of beer should complete the deal! :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Jim S. said:
Send the guy up here. I figure two grand and a case of beer should complete the deal! :lol:
Note to self. Do not attempt to deal with Jim :basketcase:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Jim S. said:

Case of beer first, then negotiate... :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
[quote="Jim S.":65uxps7p]I have them on the front but, my broadcast sheet says I'm not suppose to.

Case of beer first, then negotiate... :lol:[/quote:65uxps7p]
That can backfire :D

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Hmmmm... We can make a fortune!

Just need some bumpers and one of these!

image_9261.jpg

A12

Reaction score
Oh he just wants to buy a bumper (not the bumperettes duh) with holes in it FOR the bumperettes......ya gotta be kidding :loco: :loco: I'm with John get the drill, how can anyone be that lam..........??????

I'm going to check the box I have the bumperettes in and see if I stored the bumper holes in there too... :loco:

MikeR

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I have never looked for a part # on a bumper but he may be the type that's got to have it. That means we would have to get stamps to go with the drill :jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
send him to me!! I've got the bumper off my last car, and it had the bumperetts. needs rechromed, but it's straight.
when I was putting my last car together, I bought the front and rear bumpers from two different people, and they both had the bumperetts.
did I mention send the guy to me? I'd even trade him for a nice driver quialty front bumper.

Back