• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel pump rod replacement

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Did you push the pump rod up when you replaced the fuel pump?

If the cam lobe was shot, the pump rod would be messed up too... They also don't fail from sitting.. They wear out with use. You established that the rod was good and was moving up and down. It also did pump gas for you once.

Sorry to be harsh, but judging from your other posts, I think you are just shotgunning parts at this car without figuring out the problems. All that does is empty your wallet and frustrate you.

dmartin

Reaction score
Did you push the pump rod up when you replaced the fuel pump?

If the cam lobe was shot, the pump rod would be messed up too... They also don't fail from sitting.. They wear out with use. You established that the rod was good and was moving up and down. It also did pump gas for you once.

Sorry to be harsh, but judging from your other posts, I think you are just shotgunning parts at this car without figuring out the problems. All that does is empty your wallet and frustrate you.
I did not mean that the lobe failed because of sitting I meant it maybe time to replace it

72RR440

Reaction score
Just a heads up for the next guy replacing a fuel pump. Prime the pump by pouring some gas down the fuel line of the out side of the pump.

Back