• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Vapor Separator

Reaction score
The 70 cars ran a fuel separator, and dual vent lines on the tank. It is not a vapor separator, it is a fuel return line back to the tank, meant to always circulate the fuel in the line to keep a steady supply of fresh, and hopefully cooler fuel, to the engine. I run it all, and I put an inline filter before the separator for good measure.
and what motor are you running? I have a 383. and it shows only the 2 vent lines at the tank. From what see in the old shop manuals that is a;; that was on the 383. The 440 and HEMI cars have a different system. Also I am running a sniper EFI setup with a returnless pump. I have reinstalled the original vapor lines, added a vented cap, and insulated the sides and rear of the tank, just because. So far its working. I did reverse the vapor lines from what the manual has. Because my stock replacement aftermarket tank had the vent nipples that way.

cosgig

Reaction score
and what motor are you running? I have a 383. and it shows only the 2 vent lines at the tank. From what see in the old shop manuals that is a;; that was on the 383. The 440 and HEMI cars have a different system. Also I am running a sniper EFI setup with a returnless pump. I have reinstalled the original vapor lines, added a vented cap, and insulated the sides and rear of the tank, just because. So far its working. I did reverse the vapor lines from what the manual has. Because my stock replacement aftermarket tank had the vent nipples that way.
Mines a 6bbl 4 speed car. 3/8” line and 1/4 return. 2 vents in the tank.

Reaction score
Mines a 6bbl 4 speed car. 3/8” line and 1/4 return. 2 vents in the tank.
6bbl, so its a 440. that is the difference. Yours and the hemi had that vapor seperator. The 383 did not. It onlyly had the 2 tank vent lines

Back