• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Future Mopar Man

joewhite440

Reaction score
I started my son Joe Jr Pictured here as soon as he was big enough to follow me. He has had quite a few cars himself now and can do all his own work. Its good to see other fathers keeping their kids in this Hobby.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
I started my son Joe Jr Pictured here as soon as he was big enough to follow me. He has had quite a few cars himself now and can do all his own work. Its good to see other fathers keeping their kids in this Hobby.
I just noticed there are two guys behind that beautiful motor :lol:

joewhite440

Reaction score
Yes that is me with my son. That is a 511 Stroker we bought and rebuilt it for my 70 Challenger Race car. Previuos owner ran it in a Orange 70 Charger it Dynoed 890 HP . I bought it, put all new Aluminum Rods, Bearings rings etc in it. Had the heads checked by Hemphills here in Pa. I never got to make a pass with it. The heads were ported to the max. I pulled a guide right through the head lucky it was at a low rpm. Made me sick (lots of cash andd work wasted. Traded the complete assemble for a 499 Stroker B-1 which I ran for that season. The 499 ran good lots of fun. My son raced it with a smaller engine for 2 years after I ran it.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Joe, is that the same Challenger that you had mentioned before (pics of the nose were posted IIRC) or a different one?

joewhite440

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Joe, is that the same Challenger that you had mentioned before (pics of the nose were posted IIRC) or a different one?

That was a 1971 Street car! This is the one I bought the 511 for. The picture is at Quaker City in Ohio with the 499 B1. My last race car I had was also a 1970 Challenger RT, Factory 440 car in Sublime Green. I ran it up until my Doctors would not let me race anymore. I sold it to a guy in Sweden. Here is a picture of it. The other Challengers I had were street cars. I posted the picture of the last one I had a 1971 I posted on here with me standing in front of it.

moparchris

Reaction score
Man those are some sweet Challys! What times did they turn? I am a racer at heart and cant seem to put any of my cars back to stock.

joewhite440

Reaction score
moparchris said:
Man those are some sweet Challys! What times did they turn? I am a racer at heart and cant seem to put any of my cars back to stock.

The Blue and yellow one ran 10:30's 10:40's With the 499.
I learned a lot about ladder bars with the Blue one. I actually narrowed a Dana and replaced the 8 3/4 in it when I bought it. I must have did something right it would really hook hard.

I watched and waited for the guy to sale the Green 70 RT car and when he did I bought it. I paid to much for it rolling but I really wanted that car. I had built a 452 for it with Indy Heads. I changed from B1 because I had a lot of trouble with the Rockers and pushrods on the 499. I only ran the Green one two weekends with the engine I built It went a 10:18 and a 10:19. 132 mph right out of the trailor. Once I would have gotten it tuned it would have went 9:80,9:90's. Two weeks later I ended up back in the hospital for my 3rd back surgery within the year so that ended it for me. I never got to race it much after all.
Oh well I am still trying. They were great cars.

Joe

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
joe besides your back being messed up its really got to hurt not racing......sounds like you had some wild cars

joewhite440

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
joe besides your back being messed up its really got to hurt not racing......sounds like you had some wild cars

Yes, I would much rather race than just cruise around. I had some really wild cars. Ran a little Red Omni Charger with a 440 tunnelram and 2 fours for a couple years also 10:10 1/4. Great times!
I asked you a couple questions on your Old Pics post about your car. Did you see them?

Joe

joewhite440

Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
george68hemirr said:

Yes, I would much rather race than just cruise around. I had some really wild cars. Ran a little Red Omni Charger with a 440 tunnelram and 2 fours for a couple years also 10:10 1/4. Great times!
I asked you a couple questions on your Old Pics post about your car. Did you see them?

Joe

George

Seen your reply. You have a Super Car!!!

Joe

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
george68hemirr said:

Joe
yes joe....its not a hemi car...383 car

joewhite440

Reaction score
Looks like a really nice Hemi car to me. If I had the $$$$ mine would have a Hemi also. George has a Super Nice Car!!! Here is my little Omni Charger I use to race. Sold it and bought the Blue Challenger. Sure miss racing!!![attachment=1:3izx0kts]2000 84 Charger Racing 1.JPG[/attachment:3izx0kts]

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice looking ride, Joe! :thumbsup:

Stu-Rat has one of those that desperately needs your attention...his still has the little squirrel in a cage turning the front wheels... :acme:

:jester:

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Nice looking ride, Joe! :thumbsup:

Stu-Rat has one of those that desperately needs your attention...his still has the little squirrel in a cage turning the front wheels... :acme:

:jester:
I thought i had mine sold but the deal didnt happen
mine only has 45k on it

moparchris

Reaction score
Hey joe I am a racer too. I just figured out my printer is also a scanner. So I just scanned a bunch of pics of my drag cars that I havent had on my computer before. Here is my 10 second swinger (no roll bar!) and my twin turbo dart back when it ran which was around 1997.

Back