• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G-T-X

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Oh Gary is in good form, must have got away from the paint fumes :jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Oh Gary is in good form, must have got away from the paint fumes :jester:
Maybe the paint fumes have given him a new courage to say the things he always wanted to say! :jester:

railrider

Reaction score
The guy delivered me the GTX last night, and here is what I know so far!

This car used to be....

GTX
4-speed
Yellow
Green Interior & Vinyl Top(ouch)

Built in St Louis

No Fender Tag so the rest is history!

gtx1.jpg

gtx2.jpg

gtx3.jpg

railrider

Reaction score
droptop said:
Yellow with a green gut and top...... :puke:

Appears so, at first i expected it had been repainted but after close inspection the car was in fact yellow exterior, and green to pieces are still present along with factory green upper trim on the doors, dash and other small interior panels that are present. I still think maybe Stevie Wonder ordered it new! :cool:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
railrider said:
[I still think maybe Stevie Wonder ordered it new! :cool:

not bad though, at least it doesn;t have a shower curtian on the roof.
I like it!('specially the Cragars, rough or not)

moparstuart

Reaction score
moparchris said:
moparstuart said:
moparchris said:
Hey Stu is that the car we saw on FBBO for 20k?
yes sir

Do you know what it went for? Im into torturing myself.

By the way that GTX is hot as hell!!!!
i know what ron payed for it , which was 1/2 of what i had offered and backed out on . I have no idea what ron got for it , it really wasnt advertised as for sale he was going to keep it and restore it years down the road . But it also was a huge project so he wasnt really sad to see it go .

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that loks too good to be a parts car. If you dio part it....let me know if you wanna sell the front bumper!

railrider

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
that loks too good to be a parts car. If you dio part it....let me know if you wanna sell the front bumper!

It really is too good, but when I have a GTX body sitting here it is very tempting! I actually like this Sport Satellite. It may be rarer since most are now Road Runner or GTX clones. The car is 383 auto with air, buckets console, GTX type interior with woodgrain. The worst is the quarters, needs a full on the drivers side it has vinyl top rust just below the roof skin. Then the passengers needs at least a skin. It runs, but needs a tune up. If I part it out I will sell the rolling shell when done, maybe somebody else will build it up again later. Tempted to fix it though. I hate to say value makes a difference but if I restore this it is worth less than half of the GTX. Who knows maybe I will just turn the GTX and make this a driver.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah, common sense says to fix the one on better shape. and I agree that the Belveders and Sattelites, especially a Sport are rarer now. Think I'd do the SS myself.

railrider

Reaction score
It gets delivered tomorrow, I think I am going to give it a tune up for now, and play with it a little. I don't want to rush into anything to fast and regret it later. :hack:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
railrider said:
It gets delivered tomorrow, I think I am going to give it a tune up for now, and play with it a little. I don't want to rush into anything to fast and regret it later. :hack:
That's a good idea. :thumbsup:

railrider

Reaction score
This might be the best parts car ever! I am going to part it, although it is fixable
The GTX actually has a better unibody under it.
Plus I need a few things for my Road Runner.
The original engine runs good with no smoke. I am thinking about selling it complete
first if anyone is interested. No idea what a complete 69 383 is worth these days!

satellite2.jpg

satellite3.jpg

satellite4.jpg

satellite5.jpg

satellite1-1.jpg

3831.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah that does looks nice. those bumpers look sweet! :drool: you gonna keep those?

Back