• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Galen has my broadcast sheet

mannye

Reaction score
Well, since I only have the one car... not an issue. I guess the best thing is to catch him at the nats or other major show... except i have absolutely no idea where he goes and he does not seem to have a "tour date" schedule on his website anywhere... unless I missed it.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mannye said:
Well, since I only have the one car... not an issue. I guess the best thing is to catch him at the nats or other major show... except i have absolutely no idea where he goes and he does not seem to have a "tour date" schedule on his website anywhere... unless I missed it.
If its a big show he's there. When he did the above mentioned cars he was already here for Barrett Jackson. There are other people that can do it for you. Most of the OE judges do that service for a fraction of the cost. :cents:

Mel69rrvert

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
mannye said:
If its a big show he's there. When he did the above mentioned cars he was already here for Barrett Jackson. There are other people that can do it for you. Most of the OE judges do that service for a fraction of the cost. :cents:

Bob......I don't know much about Galen. What makes him the "authority on Mopars"?? I read his bio on his website and there is not a whole lot there to convince me of his status. Not wanting to stir up stuff........ :acme: :acme: just asking. Thanks.......Mel

moparstuart

Reaction score
Mel69rrvert said:
69hemibeep said:
mannye said:

Bob......I don't know much about Galen. What makes him the "authority on Mopars"?? I read his bio on his website and there is not a whole lot there to convince me of his status. Not wanting to stir up stuff........ :acme: :acme: just asking. Thanks.......Mel
He has collected numbers and hob knob long enough he is considered the Guru .

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Just what Stuie said, self appointed king. Anyone can check numbers on a car, you have to have a name to convince people what you looked at is true :cheers:

Mel69rrvert

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Just what Stuie said, self appointed king. Anyone can check numbers on a car, you have to have a name to convince people what you looked at is true :cheers:

Thanks guys........like I said, I'm not looking to stir things up...........I'm just not convinced his perceived status as the "Mopar Guru" is earned. :worship: :worship:

mannye

Reaction score
It's kind of like he's become the "Good Housekeeping" stamp of approval for Mopars. Really good but only when you plan to sell your car and want to get top dollar. Even the guys that host the Mecum and B-J auctions (hee hee I said BJ) mention that a car has been authenticated by the guy.

Like it or not, the "more money than brains" set all know his name and perk up when it's attached to a car.

You also have to give the guy credit.. those little books he's put together are a valuable reference and I don't know of anyone else that's put so much time into compiling so much data. I can't blame the guy for making it his living.

It just seems like he's hoarding the info and the expertise... guy isn't going to be around forever and it would be a shame to have all that knowledge die with him. Not to mention that he's a TERRIBLE businessman. If I were him I would make the GTS stamp akin to THX... give his blessing to a few more guys around the country (there have to be at least three or four more fellas in the USA that know as much or almost as much as he does) and franchise it out! But that's just me.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I have no problem with a guy making a buck, if people are willing to pay what he asks for a car verification so be it. But he could sure clean up his reputation by hiring so help to get the requested info out in a timely matter. :soap:

mannye

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I have no problem with a guy making a buck, if people are willing to pay what he asks for a car verification so be it. But he could sure clean up his reputation by hiring so help to get the requested info out in a timely matter. :soap:

Yessir!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I met Galen back when he was working at a Pontiac dealership in the parts department. He told me he was going to try to make his hobby into a way to earn a living. He also once told me how the K-frame in my A-12 was incorrect because it was a '70 style with '69 sway bar.... sigh.... Even the guru doesn't know everything.

Back to his choice of making a living.... He's charging what the market will bear. If there are people that are willing to pay that kind of money for his services, then he's dumb not to charge for it. If he's made the choice to make that the focus of his business, then he needs to just say that and not offer some of his other services that the little guy might want.

We do that in my own business... We have concentrated on the areas where we make the most money and stopped doing the stuff we don't make money at. That doesn't mean that there isn't a need for the services we once provided... It just means we aren't going to perform those services anymore.

ArcDevilz

Reaction score
The delay is on my end. I am still waiting for the Republic of Kalifornistan's DMV to send me the title. :stooges: Once I have this they can verify I am the legit owner. So far they have been responsive. I will post my results.

ArcDevilz

Reaction score
Well I finally got the title and emailed it to them. I talked to the woman on the other line and she said that she is going to research it. I get the feeling I will not see the broadcast sheet. They pitched me a sales routine on other services they offer. :soap: I was also kind enough to email them a UPS label. All she has to do is put it in an envelope and mail it.

Back