• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

gas

moparmoose3

Reaction score
can anyone tell me if there are any service stations anywhere that sell gas without the 10% ethonal?

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if its a nationwide thing or what, it used to be available in the next county over from me and other counties that are further away from Lake michigan and I would get gas there for my stuff at the end of the season for storage, well over summer they stopped selling the "old style" gas now, I'm not sure if it was made unprofitable for them to sell it or if the state made them stop or what, but now everywhere I am as far as I know only has the 10%, this is in Wisconsin

jays69bird

Reaction score
Both my runner and my 36 Hudson run like shit on this stuff,plus I think it killed my outboard,however its all thats avaible.

Jim S.

Reaction score
Luckily I have one not too far away that has (non-oxy) or ethanol free 91 octane. Same place has 110 race gas. It is the Citgo in N. St. Paul, Mn. I know I can get it in Mn. and Wi. Other than that, I guess I don't get out much.

wannarunner

Reaction score
I had to rejet my Edlebrock when they went to E85 around here, and its everywhere, its rare to find a station with even just 1 pump not using it, its here to stay. I'd like to get one of QF's E85 carb's, also this stuff just loves absorbing water, make sure u guys putting your car up for the winter use the gas stabilizer specifically to treat for the Ethanol blends (the new formula) or say hello to a rusty fuel system..... :brickwall:

Jim S.

Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
I don't know if its a nationwide thing or what, it used to be available in the next county over from me and other counties that are further away from Lake michigan and I would get gas there for my stuff at the end of the season for storage, well over summer they stopped selling the "old style" gas now, I'm not sure if it was made unprofitable for them to sell it or if the state made them stop or what, but now everywhere I am as far as I know only has the 10%, this is in Wisconsin
This summer I seen it (non-oxy) at. Mike’s Standard Amoco in Hudson, WI. Might be a sign of hope that the state of Wi. did not ban it (yet)......

tom99

Reaction score
Here in Houston, we have had nothing but the 10% ethonal gas for several years. The performance and fuel mileage took a dump on all my cars. I have been hearing rumors of 15% - 20% ehtonal comming in the next few years. I hope it's just a bad rumor.

John69RR

Reaction score
tom99 said:
Here in Houston, we have had nothing but the 10% ethonal gas for several years. The performance and fuel mileage took a dump on all my cars. I have been hearing rumors of 15% - 20% ehtonal comming in the next few years. I hope it's just a bad rumor.
Tom, where in Houston are you located? I'm in the Pasadena/Deer Park area.

tom99

Reaction score
John69RR said:
tom99 said:
Tom, where in Houston are you located? I'm in the Pasadena/Deer Park area.
North west, Jones Road/1960.

Back