• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

gauges

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Are the sending units know to be good?

Check them out buy grounding the plug on each unit and see if the needle jumps all the way over the full mark on the fuel gauge and the temp one goes all the way to hot.

If so the sending units are bad.

Got good grounds on the engine harness?

Steve

Reaction score
abodybill said:
Check them out buy grounding the plug on each unit and see if the needle jumps all the way over the full mark on the fuel gauge and the temp one goes all the way to hot.
Don't let the needle go too far past Hot or it will fall off.......been there,done that :facepalm:

connroadrunner

Reaction score
connroadrunner said:
my temp gauge and gas gauge do not work any ideas any help would be great thanks
i did that and they didn,t move have to check the ground to see if they are grounded thank i will let you know

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
connroadrunner said:
my temp gauge and gas gauge do not work any ideas any help would be great thanks
I know your busy with the gauges but when you get a chance, jump over to the Introduction section and tell us about yourself and the car or cars :cheers:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Since it's two gauges, I'll bet it's the voltage regulator on the instrument panel.

Terrycox

Reaction score
Morning Guys,
I too am monitoring this thread closely. Both my fuel and temp gages are working but read less fuel, and lower temperature than they should. Has anyone attempted to change the voltage limiter without removing the dash????
Regards,

meepbeep69

Reaction score
I had a host of gremlins. The float in the sending unit was not sealed so I was on empty when full. Now with the new unit it works. Needle did go to full when grounded. And my temp sending unit was bad. Again when grounded it went up.

Yes you can change the dash voltage unit out without removing the dash. Have to watch out for the one lead for the condenser and get it back into place.

Good luck with your YOGA positions when getting it out and putting it back in.

Terrycox

Reaction score
Thats what I was afraid of. Im about as flexible as a crow bar! Im leaning towards the voltage limiter as the culprit as my sending unit is new. Both the old unit and the new one read 3/4 of a tank at full. I believe i have it adjusted right. My temp gage reads just under normal operating temp after warm up, but the aftermarket lets me know Im good. Both gages work and are close, but not close enough to want to risk getting caught running out of fuel.
Thanks for advise!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
If you have to crawl under the dash for any extended length of time, pull the front seat. It's four nuts and you'll have a ton more room to work.

Back