• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GEAR VENDORS OVERDRIVE PROGRESS

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
[attachment=2:2fw5d5vf]DSC00166.JPG[/attachment:2fw5d5vf][attachment=1:2fw5d5vf]DSC00167.JPG[/attachment:2fw5d5vf][attachment=0:2fw5d5vf]DSC00173.JPG[/attachment:2fw5d5vf]

mcmopar

Reaction score
Re: bolted in

Lookin' good! Won't be too long 'till you're tooling around it it! :thumbsup:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

George. Before you forget the old #s, let us know what rpm you were turning at a given speed vs the overdrive rpm at the same speed :popcorn:

george68hemirr

Reaction score

69hemibeep said:
George. Before you forget the old #s, let us know what rpm you were turning at a given speed vs the overdrive rpm at the same speed :popcorn:
3000 rpms at 60 mph now

moparstuart

Reaction score

i will be following this closely , I would love to have one in the birdible but will wait and see how much you like it uncle george . Have seen a couple used ones for sale of people not happy.

george68hemirr

Reaction score

called up MARK WILLIAMS ENTERPRISES today and ordered up a new chrome moly driveshaft...[i decided to keep my old chrome moly shaft if i ever decide to take it out]....3 1/2 in diameter with 1350 hd u-joints....balance at 7500 rpms...price....around $425.00..then ran into another snag....the h-pipe on my TTI 3 inch exhaust pipes is right under and hitting the aluminum pan on the overdrive unit.....so the fix is a$ 100.00 X-pipe kit the i will cut/fit/weld in...they claim it makes more horsepower /mixes better and sounds way cooler.....had to clearance the floor alittle with a air punch....dont want it slapping on the floor tunnel.....also ran into another snag.....my cross member is for 4 speed which i custom fit for a 727..had to lower trans a bit for carbon fiber trans shield just to save my feet it my tranny drum decides to come ripping out my floor....safety first..well it was chaffing a little on the 727 tail shaft and after i popped in the gear vendors one it really needed a trim....i cut-off about 3/4 of an inch on the ass end of it and reinforced inside it....fit like i knew what i was doing :banana: :banana: :banana:

Roadcuda

Reaction score

Sounds like it turned into something more then a simple installation. Or did you expect to have a few problems?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

There is always some sort of fab or mods to be made on these kind of projects. :popcorn:

george68hemirr

Reaction score

Roadcuda said:
Sounds like it turned into something more then a simple installation. Or did you expect to have a few problems?
the crossmember i figured i had to do something with since i lowered the tranny before and the h-pipe was unexpected.....they said i had to beat alittle on the tunnel....all in all its not that hard to install and it should be a big improvement overall :jester:

george68hemirr

Reaction score

more progress.....new mark williams chrome moly driveshaft.....moved back the driveshaft loop and finished cutting/fitting and welded up the new x-pipe set-up.....now i have to reset the pinion angle....shes at 0 degrees now.....i need 5-7 nose down.......gotta cut off and reset/weld new perches[attachment=0:11bm1nap]DSC00192.JPG[/attachment:11bm1nap]

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

Lets get on the stick George, the snow will be flying before you know it :jester:

george68hemirr

Reaction score

69hemibeep said:
Lets get on the stick George, the snow will be flying before you know it :jester:
YES YOUR RITE BOBBY.....i will have to get the snow tires and chains ready and hook up the show plow to the roadrunner before the next blizzard......haha.......yeah that X-PIPE was some pain in the ass.......gotta get her done for the Rhinebeck show.....may 1st&2nd......i am in the winners circle again.....the hot hemi award and i cant wait to try out this overdrive....yeah bobby i mowed my lawn the other day too :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
GOT THE REAR PINION WORKWISE.....USED A #3 WEDGE......just going to do the oil/filter/tranny fluid/filter change/rear fluid change/axle seal/pack bearings/then the test drive....to be continued......

george68hemirr

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
So you had to reweld the perches on the rear end :eek: :eek: :eek:
I dont think I will be doing this conversion to the birdible
NO I ADDED A #3 WEDGE UNDER THE PERCH TO NOSE DOWN THE PINION 3 DEGREES

moparstuart

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
moparstuart said:
ok got you , wow that thing was many more complicated install then they advertise , with your super big hemi , is the wedged perch safe ? ?

Roadcuda

Reaction score

george68hemirr said:
69hemibeep said:
YES YOUR RITE BOBBY.....i will have to get the snow tires and chains ready and hook up the show plow to the roadrunner before the next blizzard......haha.......yeah that X-PIPE was some pain in the ass.......gotta get her done for the Rhinebeck show.....may 1st&2nd......i am in the winners circle again.....the hot hemi award and i cant wait to try out this overdrive....yeah bobby i mowed my lawn the other day too :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I was going to ask you if you were going to that show George. That is one, of several things I was thinking of doing that day! Is that a show where you want to get there early?

george68hemirr

Reaction score

Roadcuda said:
george68hemirr said:
69hemibeep said:

I was going to ask you if you were going to that show George. That is one, of several things I was thinking of doing that day! Is that a show where you want to get there early?
IF YOUR LOOKING FOR PARTS....yes....the show.....may 1 is hot rods and street rods and may 2 is classics and antiques....they start rolling in around 8 am.....then they have the big car coral...anything for sale..hot rods etc....some good buys and some out of this world prices.....overall this is the biggest/best show around

george68hemirr

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
george68hemirr said:
moparstuart said:
ok got you , wow that thing was may more complicated install then they advertise , with your super big hemi , is the wedged perch safe ? ?

YES

Back