• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GEAR VENDORS OVERDRIVE PROGRESS

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Way to go George! You are kicking ass on that overdrive unit! :thumbsup:

By the way, I bet she sounds good when you remove the exhaust knock-offs......

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:

that's something I need to do with mine. maybe when the neighbors are running their quads or derby cars thru town......

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:

those are electric dumps...it sounds like a earth quake coming down the road.......i open them right before i get to a car show and it gets everybodies attention
test drive today

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Re: bolted in

]

I was going to ask you if you were going to that show George. That is one, of several things I was thinking of doing that day! Is that a show where you want to get there early?[/quote]
IF YOUR LOOKING FOR PARTS....yes....the show.....may 1 is hot rods and street rods and may 2 is classics and antiques....they start rolling in around 8 am.....then they have the big car coral...anything for sale..hot rods etc....some good buys and some out of this world prices.....overall this is the biggest/best show around[/quote]
If I deceide to go George, which day would be better If I bring my car up there?

george68hemirr

Reaction score
Re: bolted in

Roadcuda said:
]

I was going to ask you if you were going to that show George. That is one, of several things I was thinking of doing that day! Is that a show where you want to get there early?
IF YOUR LOOKING FOR PARTS....yes....the show.....may 1 is hot rods and street rods and may 2 is classics and antiques....they start rolling in around 8 am.....then they have the big car coral...anything for sale..hot rods etc....some good buys and some out of this world prices.....overall this is the biggest/best show around[/quote]
If I deceide to go George, which day would be better If I bring my car up there?[/quote]

i would say sunday...classics and antiques......its not a hot rod/street rod right??....or pick the best day weather wise

george68hemirr

Reaction score
okay i am reporting back after my test drive....all i can say is SWEET....no vibrations....6 speeds forward....bangs into overdrive....the best thing i"ve done except for the hemi....when i say bangs its not that bad......its just like my race tranny as far as banging into gear....no leaks either....I LOVE IT.......SHE DROPS MY RPMS DOWN 600/800..... they say 800......the speedos right on to....checked it with my GPS.......buy one.... you wont be sorry :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great mod, George. Thanks for the pics and info.

One question - why didn't you get a cheap auto crossmember and use that during the original auto-conversion since the 4-gear ones are so hard to find and can be sold for $100 or more on occasion?

george68hemirr

Reaction score
at the time when i went automatic i couldnt find one at the time so i wack/refab/welded the 4 speed one to work with the trans carbonfiber shield which had to be lower for clearance on the tunnel......after that i did find one and there it lays under the work bench.....if i went back to a 4 speed it would be no big deal to convert it back

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Sounds like a success! Now if I only had some cash to spend on this OD unit and if I possessed George's skill set, I would be able to do it! :jester:

Back