• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting ready for Carlisle

1968 man

Reaction score
Hey Russ Mike here, I was thinking that maybe one day if you decide to go to Carlisle and you take 95 through S C I could hitch a ride and we can stop at Big Moes house and grab him up and the boys go play. Lol :steering:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is a thought but will have a lot of luggage with me because I might not get to go back home. Not really. But that is a real thought to consider. Do you think my runner would make the trip. LOL. :lol:

1968 man

Reaction score
That would be a good breakin for the engine , we change the oil at 500 miles and you should be good . Lol . You did say you have A/C right ???

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That would be a good breakin for the engine , we change the oil at 500 miles and you should be good . Lol . You did say you have A/C right ???
Yes I have A/C in the car. Their will be a cooler in the back. The thing about the luggage is that my wife might disown me. Not really. She use to pack my stuff up and see me off when I owned those Harley's and too trip's out of state to rally's. May be next year I can make the trip. Like you said it would be a good brake in for the motor.

RKNRLR

Reaction score
@1968 man, glad to hear that the product is working out well for you. Thankfully my ACC rep is a die hard Mopar fan as well as I believe that he is up to around 20 of these old cars. Plus his Father in Law is just as deep with the cars and has accumulated a large assortment of vintage race components from his years of drag racing these cars. When you actually have car guys involved in directing the company and assisting the vendors and buyers, then that is a huge asset to the hobby. Currently due to the virus situation, the ACC reps are restricted to working from home or the office, so hopefully their travel restrictions will be lifted if the Carlisle show is able to go on. Don from ACC is usually with us on Wednesday through very early Friday mornings, so his knowledge on the product and taking care of customer questions is very much appreciated.

As for the Carlisle show, I always tell people that are interested in seeing how a car show should be operated, then they need to attend an event at Carlisle and Hershey. Whether your a spectator, car show participant or a swap meet vendor, then the Carlisle staff works to take of you in most ways possible. For a Mopar show, in my opinion, all followers of the brand should at least attend Carlisle and The Nats in Columbus at least once.

Both events are Mopar specific and you will have different followers of each event. But go with an open mind and you will be blown away with what you can see at both events. It is nothing like what most shows are like that I am familiar with down here in the Southeast. That is why we will drive the 742 miles and 14 hours one way as it is very much worth it for us. So if at all possible, put it on your bucket list of items to take in. This would have been one heck of a show this year being the 50th anniversary of the Super Bird, the E-Body debut with the Dusters, high impact colors, etc.

Take care and stay safe.
742 miles in 14 hours? You're obviously not driving a Roadrunner!

Back